Mortgage Question

Mr. Gayle

Basically my friend has split up with his girl, they bought a house together and the mortgage is in both of their names.He is still paying for the mortgage even though he doesn't live there, cos of course its in his name also and will affect his credit.But surely he can get out or this.He is due to see a solicitor next week, but just wanted to know if any of you have or know of similar experiences.Cheers

Is it a joint tenancy?If you find out more details I can help.
I feel like you've confused a tenancy agreement with a mortgage here. And in answer to the OP no, he can't get out of it. Of course he still has to pay the money for it even if he isn't living there it's his mortgage too.
So there is no way at all, thats messed. Paying off something your not using

should chance it and play chicken with hercos its her credit too...best bet is to get a nice jewish solicitor and hope for the best

Is it a joint tenancy?If you find out more details I can help.
I feel like you've confused a tenancy agreement with a mortgage here. And in answer to the OP no, he can't get out of it. Of course he still has to pay the money for it even if he isn't living there it's his mortgage too.
So there is no way at all, thats messed. Paying off something your not using
But it's an agreement that HE agreed to financially, irrespective of him "using it" or not. It's still his property so really he can do what the f*ck he wants there, if he's chosen not to live there that's his business and something they obviously need to sort out. But it's still his property, he'd actually be a mug not to still be paying for it.He sounds like he should never have got a mortgage tbh as he quite clearly doesn't understand what it is.

Pissed. So pissed.Why is he not living at the yard? Is she not contributing to the mortgage? I have heard of a similar situation and I tihnk the only way out of that is for the woman in question to agree to sign over the other half to your boy so he essentially buys her out. However, we all know what women are like, and that would be like drawing blood from a stone. But it is possible so it depends on your boy and the woman in question.

best bet is to get a nice jewish solicitor and hope for the best
Or sell the friggin house and get his doe back.
she has to be willing to sell alsoits a f*cked up situation if you dont have children.... renting>>>

Was thinkin the same as charlie chalk, about selling its the only way of getting his money back, offereing the ex if she wants to buy him out of the mortgage Or he buys her out of the mortgage. Unless shes reasonable probably will go to court, just make sure he is able to prove the 25grand was his so that he gets that back as his apposed to having to share that with the ex.CR9 - But if he goes to a lawyer unless she can afford to take over his side of the mortgage, selling will be the only option she is left with or renting out a room.Alternatively, he moves back in if its a two bedroom place and live in seperate rooms at least he hs getting his moneys worth so to speak, or he looks for a tenant to rent one of the rooms. Good luck to your friend

Pissed. So pissed.Why is he not living at the yard? Is she not contributing to the mortgage? I have heard of a similar situation and I tihnk the only way out of that is for the woman in question to agree to sign over the other half to your boy so he essentially buys her out. However, we all know what women are like, and that would be like drawing blood from a stone. But it is possible so it depends on your boy and the woman in question.
Yeah she pays her half and is living there, they have split up so he aint living there.Doubt she would sell to him TBHDid your mate get it sorted.Its a messed up situation, lucky he has a place to stay for now.

Yeah she pays her half and is living there, they have split up so he aint living there.Doubt she would sell to him TBHDid your mate get it sorted.Its a messed up situation, lucky he has a place to stay for now.
If they split up on bad terms he is not going to get her to even contemplate allowing him to buy her out. Only other options I can think of are1) Tell your friend to get her to buy her out because I'm pretty sure she is tihnking she would rather the house be hers to live in than hisor2) Do like the film The Break Up and stay there and basically mentally go to war with one another. Depends on how strong willed he is really and truly. I personally couldn't stay in the house just because I am owning half of it but your boy might be like that. BUt remember he has as much right to the house as she does so he could just f*ck up her sh*t when he wants to. When she is having guests round he could just go and plot himself in the party, turn off the heating, start DIYing, etc.As for the situation I was told about, the woman was being difficult as sh*t about at first, but I tihnk she is slowly coming round in that she will buy the other person out because they want the money from that flat for their yout. But unless your bredrin has an emotional trump card like that, he is going to have to tihnk of another course of action.But yeah he failed still.

Man was def burnt
i know im a fool.... but AT THE TIME i thought we were gonna be together forever. anyway ... lesson has been learnt
LMAO @ the "anyway" bit. Man knew he f*cked up so bad he just wants to keep it moving. And the way he drops lesson has been learnt like he lost his rent money on a horse.+C/S commending parents being together for nuff years. My friend parents have been married for like 25 years, and then my grandparents celebrated 50 years being married last year November. I know those situations weren't perfect, but they chose to stick it out and I rate them for it.

If they split up on bad terms he is not going to get her to even contemplate allowing him to buy her out. Only other options I can think of are1) Tell your friend to get her to buy her out because I'm pretty sure she is tihnking she would rather the house be hers to live in than hisor2) Do like the film The Break Up and stay there and basically mentally go to war with one another. Depends on how strong willed he is really and truly. I personally couldn't stay in the house just because I am owning half of it but your boy might be like that. BUt remember he has as much right to the house as she does so he could just f*ck up her sh*t when he wants to. When she is having guests round he could just go and plot himself in the party, turn off the heating, start DIYing, etc.As for the situation I was told about, the woman was being difficult as sh*t about at first, but I tihnk she is slowly coming round in that she will buy the other person out because they want the money from that flat for their yout. But unless your bredrin has an emotional trump card like that, he is going to have to tihnk of another course of action.But yeah he failed still.
lol all bring out the black and decker when trying to entertain her guests lol

Seriously though, that might be the only answer. I would be in there f*ck*ng up her entire life untill she either agreed to take on the mortgage or sell to me. There's no way I'd be paying for her to live in my place. Just be in that motherf*cker playing music at all hours, probably take her door away so she never has any privacy etc.. If she has a job it shouldn't take more than a couiple months to drive her out.