Brede Signs New Deal

Haze

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that Brede Hangeland has been rewarded with a new deal with Fulham and this morning put pen to paper on a contract that will see the Norwegian captain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2013.Speaking from Fulham’s Motspur Park Training Ground this morning, Hangeland said:“I am delighted to have just signed a new deal and hope that this will now end months of speculation about my future. "I have always maintained that I am happy at Fulham and committed to doing everything I can to ensure on-going success of the team. It’s great to see that the Club has made great progress since I first joined in January 2008 which has seen the highest ever finish for the team in the Club’s 130-year history at the end of last season. "This is a testament to everyone involved at the Club including the Manager and Chairman who is dedicated to the Club.”Roy Hodgson added:"I am delighted that Brede has been justly rewarded with a new deal and that he has committed his future to Fulham until 2013. "He is an extremely important player for us and a model professional, so we are all very happy that he will be at Fulham for the long term. I would also like to thank the Chairman for again showing his dedication to the Club he has invested so much in, by offering this new deal. "We have some very important games coming up and this news will give a boost to everyone here, so we’ll focus on Bolton this weekend, and I know the fans will show their appreciation tomorrow."