Sky In Other Rooms

imhim

Most new flats come with two sky LNB connectors on the wall which is linked to one big dished on the roof that is shared by everyone on the block
unfortunately ours in our rooms do not work (the tv sockets) so im finkin of trying to connect a wire(s) from the main living room to both of our rooms to watch tv(sky)

Guest Swiftie
its not that simple bruv
Simple it's not but possible it is. All he will need is a Sky box, 4 way splitter with 2 inputs depending on if we're talking about SKY+. Some cable and the jobs a good un.If you want to avoid the splitter then just look to see if your LNB your dish has 4 outputs. If you have SKY+ then the possibility is high. And just do what's been suggested above which is to run the cable from the dish it self. Neither are hard as long as you got some DIY common sense.There are other avenues which can also be explored but that will be digressing from the ops simple question.

u need a digibox in each room and a cable frm the satellite dish to the box
Pretty much this, From what Sky did when they came out!Sky in the Kitchen, Sky in Livingroom Sky in our bedroom!!!!!!!! Sky everywhere!!!!This way no-one has to watch what the other one is watching, own boxes, own cards own buttons!

i have a communal dish... so boi theres no diy for me involved... my landlord said they arent prepared to fix our sockets so we have to think outside the box now...looks like im gonna have to get tv link/splitters and use the RF2 output from the main sky box to both rooms as ive read...

Pretty much this, From what Sky did when they came out!Sky in the Kitchen, Sky in Livingroom Sky in our bedroom!!!!!!!! Sky everywhere!!!!This way no-one has to watch what the other one is watching, own boxes, own cards own buttons!
thought she was coming with the big h flow for a sec. sky on the floor talk to much i put the sky to ya jawwwwu can do this using xbox 360 if u have 1 apparently

its not that simple bruv
Simple it's not but possible it is. All he will need is a Sky box, 4 way splitter with 2 inputs depending on if we're talking about SKY+. Some cable and the jobs a good un.If you want to avoid the splitter then just look to see if your LNB your dish has 4 outputs. If you have SKY+ then the possibility is high. And just do what's been suggested above which is to run the cable from the dish it self. Neither are hard as long as you got some DIY common sense.There are other avenues which can also be explored but that will be digressing from the ops simple question.
can dis still be done with just the one main aerial socket on the wall from a communal dish

do you have to pay an extra tenner a month for each room (£30 in your example) or isit just one tenner for the multiroom service full stop if that makes sense

ye you would need separate digiboxes otherwise when u change the channel on one it would also change on the other tv(s)i think thats rightand to those who have legitimately got sky in 2 or more rooms, with separate boxes, what is the price structure like per month?
thats not a biggy for me right now, as long as sky itself is in my room.

Guest Swiftie
so much easier to do this with virgin
Would still need boxes and cable run though.
my eurovox runs noice.sky sounds more complicated.
All about the motorised dish with a Dreambox. To link up the other Dreambox's in the yard it's just a ETHERNET cable ting.Had to prepare that setup to take over from when Vermin disconnect all the dodgy boxes very soon. With the dreamboxes I just change the tuners still. From cable to satelite ;)

While we're on the subject... They're offering me half price for 12 months. Where's the scam? I want Sky Sports. That's all. Am I really gonna be paying £18 or is there some dodgy sh*t somewhere? I'm thinking they might say I can only have the basic package for half price and then pay the full price for the sports which means I'll only save £4.50 a month. What ya think?