quick question to those who know about banks

Faisal

i previously got charged for an overdraft, called my abbey national, i said wtf, they said soz technical error we'll fix it kthanxbaiiiii, and they did.now i check my balance and again it's a minus and it dont match the online statement, im expecting my next statement through the post to say "you will be charged £25 in december 2X'th for overdrafting" again.soooooo im wondering if it's worth it to call them up tomorrow and give 'em a headache to get them to give me some "we're sorry" money or will i just be wasting my time?

abbey having been doing this to me for a year i have closed my account twice if i wernt so lazy id go in and just slewevery month i get into overdraft depite not having an account no more or using the account at allthey say sorry reset it and then it happens againactually will sort it out tomorrow again cos i just pissed myself off.

nah its not my fault last time i spent all my money had about 50p in therechecked my statement online and everything added up and i haven't overdrawn.then magically something sucks 60p leaving me with "-£0.10" then later in the day it magically re-appears to the normal "£0.50"then i get my statement in the post saying i've overdrafted.they said it was a technical error last time and im sure they'll say it again.thing is, i asked the lady what if this would happen again when i made my phone call on the first overdraft attempt and she said it won't happen again cause it rarely happens twas a minor technical problemnow that its happened again, what the lady said last time just amounted to a lie.now im just thinking if i can use that against them....

cant you go on some hype like you do with phone companies? like say you aint happy and that your joining a different bank cos of all this stress etc?mum used to do this with BT* i dont know if this would work with banks tbh
yeah thats what i wanna do but not sure if they're like that aswell so i came here to ask.

It depends to be honest.If you're storing big bucks and have business accounts etc. and they will be losing revenue if you switch, then I'd guess they would care and would try to appease you.But if you're always in the black and they're not making any money off you, there's no real incentive to keep you happy.I find the concept of a bank being nice so alien it doesn't feel possible. If you can get them to help you though I must be doing something wrong.

cant you go on some hype like you do with phone companies? like say you aint happy and that your joining a different bank cos of all this stress etc?mum used to do this with BT* i dont know if this would work with banks tbh
yeah thats what i wanna do but not sure if they're like that aswell so i came here to ask.
nah, they'll say goodbye to you.just state, you're not happy, you've been charged on these occasions on NO FAULR OF YOUR OWN, make it clear it's their error and eventually give way. in cases where a company or someone has to give u money back it's always best to hassle them.