★★★ Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao ★★★

PacMan

This blood testing has really got out of hand. I think it started off as mind games by the Mayweather camp and now its escalated out of hand and now there is no fight for the mean time.I don't believe that Pac should take the test. Name one fight in history that has required a boxer to take Olympic style testing? There no evidence that Pac has ever taken any form of roids and has passed every test that he has had to take. If I was a Pro boxer and I thought someone was on roids then I wouldn't even entertain the idea of fighting them and would go through no form of negotiations. If Mayweather has an issue with the way the NAC conduct their drug testing then he should confront them. The question is will Mayweather make whoever he fights next take the Olymic style testing?I don't think that either fighter has ducked one another, its pride that is getting in the way.

This blood testing has really got out of hand. I think it started off as mind games by the Mayweather camp and now its escalated out of hand and now there is no fight for the mean time.I don't believe that Pac should take the test. Name one fight in history that has required a boxer to take Olympic style testing? There no evidence that Pac has ever taken any form of roids and has passed every test that he has had to take. If I was a Pro boxer and I thought someone was on roids then I wouldn't even entertain the idea of fighting them and would go through no form of negotiations. If Mayweather has an issue with the way the NAC conduct their drug testing then he should confront them. The question is will Mayweather make whoever he fights next take the Olymic style testing?I don't think that either fighter has ducked one another, its pride that is getting in the way.
Artur Abraham has it in all his contracts that his opponents are subjected to blood testing and the Mayweather camp has stated this will be standard practice in all their upcoming fights.No history of using drugs is irrelevant, in this day and age it's up to athletes to prove they're clean. The current testing in place is inadequate so if a fighter feels additional measures are needed to ensure their safety and that its a fair contest so be it.Pac's response to the drug testing has been a joke, had he flat out refused from the start this wouldn't have escalated into the farce it has become.Boxing allows for additional stipulations to be negotiated for each fight, hence the reason Pac fought Cotto at a catch weight for a welterweight title so falling back on the exact rules of the commission in this instance is a joke.

like i said certain heads are getting humbled once he tests negative.so all of a sudden he refuses to take tests 2 weeks before the fight that mean's he's on roids :D too many heads getting bitter just because they see a skinny asian moving up weight classes and knocking guys out. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV7-yUSVGho&feature=player_embedded

Listen to Teddy's comments at the end in particular.
BOB ARUM: THAT EMAIL DOES NOT EXIST! ESPN WILL ISSUE APOLOGYBy G. LeonMoments after returning from Dallas, Texas Bob Arum informed Boxingtalk.com that Manny Pacquiao will face Joshua Clottey on March 13. The bout will take place at Cowboys Stadium which can seat over 100,000 people, but will be readjusted to 45,000. Arum also informed us that the alleged email Teddy Atlas spoke of on Friday Night fights "does not exist." Arum also stated that ESPN will have to issue an apology for making those remarks without verifying their facts. Full interview to follow, until then.
owwwwwwatlas sided de la hoya, hatton and cotto against pac.so obviously he'll side with mayweather and come up with these shitty claims.silly turk

EDIT: Basically re-wrote what Xander saidWhats the big deal between the 10 days? Is it mind games or is there something to suggest that drugs can still be hidden from 24 days?If Pac claims and backs it with a reason, surely Mayweather can agree to 24 days for the sake of the fight and fans?

Neither of these men are really to blame, the sport of Boxing is Just like what happened to WCW when you have the inmates running the asylum shits gonna go arry, Boxing needs in someway implement one greater governing body so tthey can control the sport and do whats best for the sport, because its not right that a sport that uused to get a lot of attention is now dying a slow death because of Saga's like this. Floyd's making it difficult for Manny and i think he's doinfg it unreasonably but the fact is he shouldn't be in a position to make these request in the first place, the sport of Boxing and Boxing fans have made this guy very rich (as he likes to point out every two minutes) so i think its only right hat he gives somthing back. Manny will come out of this looking better due to Floyd's antics in the past. Sad saga for Boxing, all Boxing fans better hope Haye breaks one of the Klitcho reigns this year aswell Boxing needs somthingForza UFC, hope it never becomes like this,

EDIT: Basically re-wrote what Xander saidWhats the big deal between the 10 days? Is it mind games or is there something to suggest that drugs can still be hidden from 24 days?If Pac claims and backs it with a reason, surely Mayweather can agree to 24 days for the sake of the fight and fans?
Why is it on Mayweather to agree to Pac's demands once again, why isn't it on Pac to actually say and do something that makes sense?Too many people are letting their hate for Mayweather get in the way of common sense.Out of the 5/6 excuses/conditions team PAC has come up with the most consistent problem was the cut off date for the testing, Roach said a 5 day window would be cool so someone please explain to me what the problem is with 14 days?

Why is it on Mayweather to agree to Pac's demands once again, why isn't it on Pac to actually say and do something that makes sense?Too many people are letting their hate for Mayweather get in the way of common sense.Out of the 5/6 excuses/conditions team PAC has come up with the most consistent problem was the cut off date for the testing, Roach said a 5 day window would be cool so someone please explain to me what the problem is with 14 days?
Stop cryinghe aint on roidsPac will test negativelike someone said what started out as mind games/hate from floyd snr and maligani has come to all of this bs.the fight will happen late 2010 after pac vs clottey and may vs mosley/hatton/maligani.in the words of zab judah -"just leave the lil f*cker alone"

Stop cryingPac will test negativethe fight will happen late 2010 after pac vs clottey and may vs mosley/hatton/maligani.
Who's crying, I'm asking a simple question that you dodged again.Pac Mayweather might happen but I don't think it will cos apparently Golden boy are putting blood testing in contracts for all their fighters, hence the reason Pac Marquez 3 isn't happening instead of the Clottey fight.

Stop cryingPac will test negativethe fight will happen late 2010 after pac vs clottey and may vs mosley/hatton/maligani.
Who's crying, I'm asking a simple question that you dodged again.
you can ask all the questions/make assumptions that you want but at the end of the day pac is clean.its the biggest fight of the year/decade, there's a very good chance negotiations will begin again later on this year. :D

Artur Abraham has it in all his contracts that his opponents are subjected to blood testing and the Mayweather camp has stated this will be standard practice in all their upcoming fights.No history of using drugs is irrelevant, in this day and age it's up to athletes to prove they're clean. The current testing in place is inadequate so if a fighter feels additional measures are needed to ensure their safety and that its a fair contest so be it.Pac's response to the drug testing has been a joke, had he flat out refused from the start this wouldn't have escalated into the farce it has become.Boxing allows for additional stipulations to be negotiated for each fight, hence the reason Pac fought Cotto at a catch weight for a welterweight title so falling back on the exact rules of the commission in this instance is a joke.
Please elaborate on how the current testing in place is inadequate and failing to protect the boxers. Its funny how it has become an issue since PBF has brought it up. Why should Pac do any more than the madatory DRUG testing that are in place at the moment. The same one which he has PASSED every time along with Mayweather. No one has given a solid reason to why Pac should take a test.If Mayweather and GBP feel that the current testing is inadequate then they should contact WBC, WBA, WBO. IBF etc also the the state commission where the fights take place and file a complaint. By all accounts Pac has a bad reaction when blood is withdrawn. Each person's body reacts different and in the case of Pac it takes him 3 days to fully recover. Now if he was to be tested at the end of his schedule workout where he is about to peak it sort of ruins 8-10 weeks of training.Mayweather is due to fight on 13th in the MGM still. M.Hatton has been ruled out. I think he will fight Malignaggi as its a safe fight. The fight will happen at the end of the year. This is just some wrestling style hype!

Please elaborate on how the current testing in place is inadequate and failing to protect the boxers. Its funny how it has become an issue since PBF has brought it up. Why should Pac do any more than the madatory DRUG testing that are in place at the moment. The same one which he has PASSED every time along with Mayweather. No one has given a solid reason to why Pac should take a test.If Mayweather and GBP feel that the current testing is inadequate then they should contact WBC, WBA, WBO. IBF etc also the the state commission where the fights take place and file a complaint. By all accounts Pac has a bad reaction when blood is withdrawn. Each person's body reacts different and in the case of Pac it takes him 3 days to fully recover. Now if he was to be tested at the end of his schedule workout where he is about to peak it sort of ruins 8-10 weeks of training.Mayweather is due to fight on 13th in the MGM still. M.Hatton has been ruled out. I think he will fight Malignaggi as its a safe fight. The fight will happen at the end of the year. This is just some wrestling style hype!
It's inadequate because it's completely outdated in comparison to other sports, testing is only done in close proximity to fights which ignores the fact PED's could be used in training. On top of this testing is only done by urine sample which is pretty much useless at detecting the PED's being used by the top athletes today.
'blood testing for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is more important for detecting possible blood doping or use of EPO than it is for human growth hormone.'
Victor Contehttp://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead/conte-weighs-in
To have an effective program, you have to collect blood and urine.The reason for that is that there are some things that are only detected in urine and there are some prohibited drugs that are both very lethal and potent from a performance-enhancing standpoint that are only detected in blood.
Travis Tygart - CEO of USADAhttp://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-testing122309&prov=yhoo&type=lgnsPac doesn't have to do more than whats required of him by the commission but don't complain about the backlash that goes with refusing more stringent testing. At the end of the day we're talking about a career defining fight and circa $40 million, suspicion was bound to come with the contradictory statements his team have released.Golden Boy may submit a complaint to the commission in time but their was zero chance of the legislation being in place before March so the only alternative to ensure they were dealing with a legit fighter was to add a stipulation in the contract which at one point wasn't a problem. Boxing is a combat sport that can lead to serious injuries so if a fighter wants to make sure he's going into the ring on a level playing field so be it.The excuse about recovery time is laughable, 3 days to recover? At one point Pac said as long as the blood testing isn't done 2 days prior to the fight he would be ok with that.

Everyone thats a fan of boxing wants pacquiao to be clean.Thats why its mystifying the way he's running and ducking from this test, just take it and lets get it on.Thing is the tests being asked for aren't even that strict compared to other sports tbh boxing should be doing more stuff like this and make it compulsory.

I get what youre saying still. My point is Pac has a problem with 14 days but said he'll do 24, Mayweather is the one making the initial demands for Olympic style drug testing/defamation so it isnt "agreeing to Pac's demands once again".I dont know all the ins-and-outs of whats been agreed/said previously to debate with you on that (to be honest I think all the he say she say prior to court mediation is irrelevant); all I know and care for is Pac's saying 24, Mayweather, the guy who made the initial demands backed with outrageous claims he's never made before, is once again putting a spanner in the works throwing a double bluff. In my head, Mayweather should be thankful Pac's agreeing to do it at all, and should agree to 24.I ask again: what can be concealed at 24 days + post-fight test that cant be at 14 days? If yes, is there any proof to back it?All this is a bit too coincidental as a lot of people have Mayweather down as a loud mouth who is scared to fight real opponents who may trouble his 0. He skipped every credible contender in Welterweight to fight the over-the-hill DLH at Light-Mid then retired after beating a Light-Welter in Hatton operating at at a weight Hatton always had trouble at. Once everyone people were calling for him to fight lost, oh look who pops up when the coast is clear about "I love boxing" after dissing it prior to retirement? p*ssy Boy Fraud. And who's his comeback fight against? A lightweight fighting two weights higher than ever.Shane Mosley batters Margarito fresh off taking Cotto's 0, confronts Mayweather in the ring following May's victory over the blown up lightweight, but May isnt talking about Shane right now. Nor Paul Williams. It'll be interesting to see which fighter he scouts from the lower weight. He'll get crucified if he fights Mallinaggi, absolutely crucified

And who's his comeback fight against? A lightweight fighting two weights higher than ever.Shane Mosley batters Margarito fresh off taking Cotto's 0, confronts Mayweather in the ring following May's victory over the blown up lightweight, but May isnt talking about Shane right now. Nor Paul Williams. It'll be interesting to see which fighter he scouts from the lower weight. He'll get crucified if he fights Mallinaggi, absolutely crucified
you said a lot but i just wanna address these 2 pointsfirst, that "lightweight fighting above his natural limit" excuse with pacquiao is done. his fight against cotto was supposed to see whether he was strong and big enough to fight full-blown welterweights. he decimated him. the weight is not an issue for pacquiao. if floyd fights him and wins nobody can use pac's size as a reason for floyd being a 'p*ssy' for fighting him.second, nobody at all in the welterweight division wants it with williams. the guy is a freak. it's not about being 5"9 and boxing a 6"3 fighter who punches relentlessly. so i do't think this can REALLY be held aginst mayweather. mosley is an issue that creates too much debate but for the record i think floyd would probably beat him if they fought now.

Numero here's a rough breakdown of how the negotiations have gone.After the Cotto fight Arum was saying PBF wouldn't fight Pac cos he's shook.Roach talks about a fight with Foreman in March.Then Mayweather says he'll fight Pac.Roach says March might be too soon so May is better.PBF says ok.Then Manny says no the election is May so he wants to fight in March.PBF says ok.Arum says Floyd wont agree to a 50/50 split.PBF says 50/50 is cool.Arum says he's surprised how reasonable PBF has been with his demands before flying out to see Pac. (the oympic style testing was in place here)Pac asks for $10 million per pound that PBF is over the welterweight limit.PBF says cool.Pac asks for 8oz gloves.PBF says cool.Roach then says no to blood testing cos it will affect Manny mentally.Then its because Manny has a phobia of needles.Arum is now saying its a disgrace that PBF asked for this type of testing.People start pointing out that Pac has loads of tattoos.Then they say its taking blood that is the problem as it makes him weak so they don't want it done within a few days of the fight..Roach then says the will agree to blood testing but not random, 3 scheduled tests. 1 at the kick off conference one 30 days prior to the fight and one after the fight.Then someone points out that on the 24/7 program of the Hatton fight their was footage of Pac taking blood 24 days prior to the fight and looking completely at ease.then a video of Pac talking after his defeat to Morales saying how he felt weak cos he was blood tested prior to the fight.Arum says the fights off and that Pac will fight Malignaggi. (who has flat out said Pac is on PED's at least twice)They go back to negotiating.they squabble over who will handle the blood testing and the cut off date.Arum says fights off and that Pac will fight Yuri Foreman.They go back to negotiating.PBF backs down on who will do the drug testing and says ok to the same agency who do the NBA, MLB and NFL instead of USADA.They cant agree on a cut off date,.then they get a mediator (a former federal judge) to come in.Fight is officially off.Mediator comes out and says that Arum has lied to the media.PBF makes his 1st public statement saying he is still offering a 14 day cutoff. Pac negotiates to fight Clottey.All of this was done while they had a gagging order in place as well, the only official statement from Floyd came out after the negotiations were dead while Arum Roach and Pac have been in the media non stop.

lol i like flojo he is passionate we could have a great discussion irl no homoend of the day i agree with Xander its all egoimagine Man City vs Man UtdAlex Ferguson tells Man City he wants them to all take blood tests before the match. Man City are gonna tell him to f*ck off - 100% certain. If it don't come from the FA then its irrelevant. Same with boxing IMO. Why should Mayweather camp be able to enforce rules? They aren't a governing body. Pac don't need money, do u know how much he gets off sponsorship from Nike alone? Im seeing this motherf*cker on t-shirts for christs sake

And who's his comeback fight against? A lightweight fighting two weights higher than ever.Shane Mosley batters Margarito fresh off taking Cotto's 0, confronts Mayweather in the ring following May's victory over the blown up lightweight, but May isnt talking about Shane right now. Nor Paul Williams. It'll be interesting to see which fighter he scouts from the lower weight. He'll get crucified if he fights Mallinaggi, absolutely crucified
you said a lot but i just wanna address these 2 pointsfirst, that "lightweight fighting above his natural limit" excuse with pacquiao is done. his fight against cotto was supposed to see whether he was strong and big enough to fight full-blown welterweights. he decimated him. the weight is not an issue for pacquiao. if floyd fights him and wins nobody can use pac's size as a reason for floyd being a 'p*ssy' for fighting him.second, nobody at all in the welterweight division wants it with williams. the guy is a freak. it's not about being 5"9 and boxing a 6"3 fighter who punches relentlessly. so i do't think this can REALLY be held aginst mayweather. mosley is an issue that creates too much debate but for the record i think floyd would probably beat him if they fought now.
Lightwight comeback fight was Marquez, not PacThrow Cotto (who he'd prob beat), and Margarito (who he'd probably beat) into the possible fighters also. I've pointed out he'd probably beat them, but this is boxing, upsets do happen. Also, they are the fights the fans want to see.I see what youre saying Flojo. How you know all of this? You went IN!

Lightwight comeback fight was Marquez, not PacThrow Cotto (who he'd prob beat), and Margarito (who he'd probably beat) into the possible fighters also. I've pointed out he'd probably beat them, but this is boxing, upsets do happen. Also, they are the fights the fans want to see.I see what youre saying Flojo. How you know all of this? You went IN!
its all on the net / published in various sources but even so the knowledge is impressive

margarito = confirmed cheatlol at him ducking margarito, who is not in the same stratosphere as floyd. a confirmed cheat who endangered lives of fellow professionals. he should be banned for lifemosely = another confirmed cheat juiced up to his gillspac should just take the test. if youre clean then whats the issue
c/s thispacquiao can talk about how his superstitions make him scared of needles, but if floyd is blood tested too then that don't washend of the day, you're a professional athelete and in this era drug-testing is a way of life (current drug-testing regimes in boxing are an absolute joke though). only real reason for refusing a test is that you're on drugs.
c/s the lot of this.