Froch v Kessler

The King

WBC super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has lost home advantage for his Super Six World Challenge showdown with Mikkel Kessler. Froch will travel to Denmark on April 17 next year to face Kessler, who lost his WBA title to Andre Ward in the first round of bouts in the series.Froch, who opened up his campaign with a scrappy points victory over Andre Dirrell, has previously had to travel abroad before - with the Cobra knocking out Jermain Taylor in the 12th round in the American's home town.And Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy is expecting a mouth-watering clash against KesslerHe said: "We've confirmed a date of April 17th for the Kessler fight. It will take place in Denmark and will be on at around 10pm in the evening UK time which is great news for British fight fans. "It's going to be an absolutely massive event and it should attract a huge audience."It's an incredible fight between two of the world's best and most exciting fighters. "Carl proved with that sensational KO over Jermain Taylor that he can go into the lion's den and beat the very best in the world and I've no doubt he'll prove that again against Kessler."Froch beat Taylor and Dirrell in 2009 after winning the WBC belt from Jean Pascal 12 months ago.And the unbeaten 32-year-old is confident he can build on these successes in 2010.He said: "Last year was great, this year's been fantastic and next year's going to be even better."
Unbeaten Carl Froch, the reigning WBC super-middleweight champion, was openly rooting for his WBA counterpart ahead of his defence against Andre Ward. "The Cobra" wanted Mikkel Kessler to prevail over the unbeaten former Olympian when they fought on November 21st, because then, when he and the Dane fought in their next round of the "Super Six" tournament, the fight would be a huge WBC/WBA unification clash. As we know, Ward upset Kessler as well as Froch's plans of becoming the holder of two 168-pound belts.However, despite the manner in which 30-year-old Kessler was made to look quite ordinary against Ward, the Froch-Kessler clash, all set for April 17th in the former WBC and former two-time WBA champ's homeland of Denmark, is still a big fight to get excited about. Trailing Froch in the "Super Six" tournament and now also a former champion once again, Kessler knows this fight is very much a make-or-break one for him..Froch, 26-0(20) who also failed to look good in his "Super Six" debut, when he narrowly out-pointed the also unbeaten Andre Dirrell in October, has said a number of times how he expects the Kessler fight to suit him far more than the Dirrell bout did, due to the way Kessler will stand and have a fight with him. Indeed, we can except fireworks in April! Froch may now also feel he has an even greater chance of beating the formidable Dane, due to how his confidence can't help but to have been dented by what happened against Ward; the fighter who, along with Arthur Abraham, is now many peoples' pick to win the ShowTime tourney.But, with his very career on the line, could Kessler prove to be an even more dangerous fighter in April? Kessler will be motivated beyond belief, and just because a fighter like Ward defeated him - a fighter who has a completely different style to that of 32-year-old Froch - it doesn't in any way mean too much regarding his next bout. Styles make fights, and Kessler will not have anywhere near as much trouble getting to Froch - not in comparison to the nightmare he had in locating the crafty and slick switch-hitter's chin, anyway. Froch says he wants Kessler, 42-2(32) to stand and have a war with him. But could Froch be made to change his mind if a fiercely determined, even somewhat desperate Kessler - a fighter who is willing to go through hell to win - bites down and slugs it out with him? In a fight like that, both men's chins would be severely tested. And though he lost to Ward, Kessler's ability to take a great shot looked to have remained intact. Froch, too, has a great chin, but he was wobbled a little and hurt late in the fight with "The Matrix."April 17th's battle doesn't figure to go the distance, and it will very possibly be decided by who has the better chin and the most sheer will to win. Can you say pick 'em?!?
Pissed this aint in Notts.

Cant find it mate. Been looking for myself. My guess is the Parken stadium as thats where they usually have the concertsBoth hold 50,000 so it could be either. They better fill it. Remember Hennessey was saying it would be wherever they could guarantee the biggest gate so they should do.

not a fan of either fighterthis reminds me of a typical amateur bouta walking windmill with no technique or style (Froch) vs a predictable technical robot with a limited selection of punches (Kessler)usually boxing always wins so I'm going to go for Kessler but he isn't as fast or good as Pascal, Taylor or Dirrell (IMO) and i wont be surprised if Froch catches him with a few bombs.

it was Ward's ring generalship, footwork and speed which beat KesslerWard was in - let off punches - got out, too quickly for KesslerKessler expected Ward to be on the back foot all night, he didnt expect a fightKessler thought he would be landing jabs and straight rights all night on WardKessler thought he was fighting a fresh amateur who wouldn't have the tricks and deftness of a pro. Ward showed everyone that he can control an older and more experienced fighter than himself and do it in style.He didn't bank on an inside fight, look at how useless he was on the inside. I remember he threw one hook which was worthy of a Froch punch. A wide looping hook which Ward saw a mile off.Remember Ward is a celebrated amateur champ, he is rapid, his technique is impeccable and he is arguably more experienced than Kessler - I bet you any money he got better sparring anyway.Froch is not comparable to a fighter like Ward. Froch has no style, no pzaz. Froch is an unrefined brawler, a typical english fighter. I am not hating on Froch I am just stating facts and I apologize for telling it like is, but its almost 2010 and real talk is no longer avoidable.I am predicting great things for Ward. Andre Ward is the truth.

hyperbole?!it's just gassed
If you think Froch is a stylish fighter you are gassed.I wouldn't be surprised if Froch doesn't even shadow box and probably spends his time in the gym doing bicep curls & watching Marciano fights whilst guzzling supplements. He is a meathead and exactly the thing I hate about UK boxing. Who cares about heart? Where is your heart when your jaw is hanging off your face and you are doing the chicken dance.Give me style over heart any day.

hyperbole?!it's just gassed
If you think Froch is a stylish fighter you are gassed.I wouldn't be surprised if Froch doesn't even shadow box and probably spends his time in the gym doing bicep curls & watching Marciano fights whilst guzzling supplements. He is a meathead and exactly the thing I hate about UK boxing. Who cares about heart? Where is your heart when your jaw is hanging off your face and you are doing the chicken dance.Give me style over heart any day.
it does sound like you are hating on him a bit tbhto describe him as a meathead bicep curler is ridiculous, he is extremely well conditioned and has great stamina. he also doesn't lift weights. i would bet my house he comes into fights better conditioned than you do for yours (no send whatsoever just stating facts)obviously he doesn't have the style or slick boxing skills of dirrell or ward, but imo his power, strength, his ability to take shots and his durability mean he is dangerous for any opponent he gets into a ring with and ward or kessler or anybody else would be foolish to underestimate that. and, as before, my personal thoughts on the ward-kessler bout was that kessler wasn't beaten by slick boxing skills but by power shots to the body etc. [as well as headbutts. in fact this was one of the more disturbing things for me about this fight, was the way kessler seemed unable to deal with ward's dirty tactics]at the same time i'm admittedly somewhat biased but i think your criticisms are unjustified. to be in one topic praising amir khan and to show froch no love (a uk fighter who has won and twice defended his world title all in the same year) is a bit muchin this day and age you also have to show him respect for the fact taht he is hungry and willing to fight anybody.

ok i agree the second post was over the top, froch does have excellent stamina and is dedicated. i have trained in notts before and he was very well respected in those parts and seen as a hard worker.yes he is in better condition than me, and probably every single person on this forum / most of the country.he is strong but i dont respect that. there are club fighters twice as strong as froch who will never make it anywhere. speed always wins.i like to see a fellow countryman doing well that is why i get behind khan and haye and im happy that froch has done well and won belts. but i dont really respect his skills. but everyday im in the usa talking to boxing fans they lol'ing at guys like Froch and Hatton because they are so cumbersome and unrefined. we have alot of upn comers to be excited about like bellew, gavin and cleverley and those are the guys i'd like to see carrying the flag for UK boxing rather than Frochs and HAttons.

yeah fair enough but the fact remains that froch has beaten all 3 of the fighters that the usa have put in front of himeven if you think dirrell was robbed he defeinitely beat pascal and he dispatched taylorwho else has the usa got to offer in this division? pavlik? lol. hopkins, ward & maybe williams. i'm sure froch would be willing to fight all of them. (nb i'm not saying he'd beat them)i do undersatnd the point your making though, 100%

matrix wobbled him. froch is wack he's 1 dimensional and he's just waiting for someone to come and batter him imou don't even need a spoiler to make froch look bad he does that all on his own. that said he has a good chance of beating kessler who has been gassedLol at this tournament. At the end of it i hope b-hop offers to fight the overall winner of the comp and makes them look like dogshit with his old selfI TAKE SOULS