Wenger's killling me...

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger's confidence in Manuel Almunia remains undimmed despite Arsenal's No1 receiving criticism for his role in Liverpool's goal on Sunday. Dirk Kuyt scored the opening goal of the game at Anfield after the Spanish keeper failed to deal with Fabio Aurelio's free kick. However Wenger says that was not Almunia's fault as the ball took an unexpected deflection as it was delivered into the penalty area. "I have watched the game against Liverpool well," said the manager. "The ball was deflected by Lucas and I did not see that during that game. "Almunia came and Lucas touched the ball with his head and deflected the ball. "I have full confidence in him and I will pick him tomorrow night."
Arsène Wenger will meet Mikael Silvestre in March to discuss the French defender's future at Emirates Stadium.Silvestre's current deal expires at the end of the season and his manager would like to see him stay longer. But Wenger admits that the prospects of agreeing a contract extension will depend on Silvestre's first-team involvement between now and the Spring."I have a meeting with him in March," explained Wenger. "We have a common agreement to meet in March and see where we go from there."It is linked with the number of games [silvestre] gets before March. He is a remarkable influence in the squad but he must be happy as well."At the moment [Thomas] Vermaelen is in front of him. Will [silvestre] be completely happy if he does not get the games? I am not sure."Silvestre is not the only central defender with contract talks on his mind. William Gallas' current deal also expires next summer and Wenger explained why the Club is already in discussions with the former Arsenal captain."The Gallas [contract talks] have to be a bit earlier because he plays," said Wenger. "We need some experience in the dressing room."

cant take the silvestre 1. I can atleast pretend he's being diplomatic about Almuniabut tweety? ffs still think wengers lost it abit this and also the fact he's trying to renew gallas point me towards that conclusion. he has the perfect opportunity to revamp the defence this summer and he's wasting itgallas, silvestre, senderos outget 3 new cbs in

Not sure if you've really got too much money thoughShuffling the defence around and completely revaping it won't really help tbhYou really only need a CB aswell, get a proper CB to play with Vermaelen and the right back & left backs will become better, keep Gallas till 2011AnywayNot buying players all the time when you can avoid it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'd rather we did more of that tbh cept just english

gallas is one of the highest earners at the club hes top 3 earnershe's falling off fast if you look at his performances he's been good but he's legs are gone/going, he's poor in the air and he has heart failure when in possession, distributon is poorimo he's not a 1st choice cb worth 90k a week and especially if you are saying keep him and buy a proper cb to play with verm a suggestion i concur but you can have your cake and eat it. we don't have money means we cannot afford a 3rd choice cb earning 90kI actually hope he decides to leave on a free if it means wenger will buy another top class cb who has size and good reading of the gamecontract expires end of the season. get rid

gallas is one of the highest earners at the club hes top 3 earnershe's falling off fast if you look at his performances he's been good but he's legs are gone/going, he's poor in the air and he has heart failure when in possession, distributon is poorimo he's not a 1st choice cb worth 90k a week and especially if you are saying keep him and buy a proper cb to play with verm a suggestion i concur but you can have your cake and eat it. we don't have money means we cannot afford a 3rd choice cb earning 90kI actually hope he decides to leave on a free if it means wenger will buy another top class cb who has size and good reading of the gamecontract expires end of the season. get rid
Nah I agree but then you have to have backups and you have to have a bit of experience in the dressing roomWhen you get injuries who will you have to call on? Wenger isn't gonna buy 3 premier league proven world class centrebacks is he, and gallas knows the premier league, as does silvestreand they are both experienced heads in what is a relatively inexperianced backline

cant take the silvestre 1. I can atleast pretend he's being diplomatic about Almuniabut tweety? ffs still think wengers lost it abit this and also the fact he's trying to renew gallas point me towards that conclusion. he has the perfect opportunity to revamp the defence this summer and he's wasting itgallas, silvestre, senderos outget 3 new cbs in
Yeah but they would be djourou, nordtveit & bartley

Yeah but they would be djourou, nordtveit & bartley
thats my fear. suttin wrong with wenger