Phone Contract Question

A Bit Better

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good luckbut you aint gonna get nowhere, what Giles has said is right14 days to cancel a contract if you have no signal thats the only time they will cancel a contract7 days if you change your mind but it has to be brought over the internet or over the phonebasically P4u and carphone are all cunts, theyll says anything to make the sale but they have no after sales customer service and will probably refer you back to the network provider

in a way you should have realised that it wasnt with VAT. is it your 1st contract ever?45/month should be known that VAt is added to the total bill. not that the guy shouldve lied but you just fell for it. take your bill there and tell him he said it was gonna be 45 and its not.
My old T Mobile bill used to be inclusive. Then I got a next T Mobile contract that had it added on top. So when I got this one, I specifically asked him if it was inclusive because I wanted £45 to really mean £45.The naivity was not reading the contract properly before signing it but I'd been in there for 45 minutes and was late to meet someone.

Guest Malcolm Tucker

another quick q....see how i got my phone contract when it was 15% VAT, and in total it is £35seeing as ive signed up to a £35 a month contract.... is the price gonna go up when then VAT goes up on jan 1st?

another quick q....see how i got my phone contract when it was 15% VAT, and in total it is £35seeing as ive signed up to a £35 a month contract.... is the price gonna go up when then VAT goes up on jan 1st?
who are you with?with orange when the vat went down £35 contracts are actually paying about £32-33 come come january they'll actually be paying £35 when the 17.5% startsso its possible you actually been paying less than £35 all along and will actually pay £35 come January

basically i had a 300 something phonebill, and they said if i took a second contract with a higher tariff then just paid off the other one gradually it would work out cheaper, or something like that, it was years ago i cant remember the ins and outs, but i got mugged off basically, by the time i got home i regretted it, but by then its 2 late, so after another 2 months of not being able to pay my bills i just cancelled the contract and got a bill for the the remainder of the contract, still havent paid a penny though
You must have some credit rating. I'd try and get that sh*t sorted if you hope to get a loan/mortgage in the future tbh
what i was thinkin credit rating must be f*cked
my credit rating is appauling, going bankrupt in the new year so the chances of me ever getting a loan or a morgage in the future are non exsistent really

Go to the store and enquire about what was said to you, and that your not happy and wish to cancel, if the manager gets funny, just ask for his name and let him know your going to contact head office (obviously without causing a scene)then write to head office quoting the sales of good acts and threatening to take them to court. your contract will then get cancelledhow are u people spending 3 bills on a contractI spend £120 a year on my pay as u go, tarriff is good 4 me as everyone else is on contract

basically i had a 300 something phonebill, and they said if i took a second contract with a higher tariff then just paid off the other one gradually it would work out cheaper, or something like that, it was years ago i cant remember the ins and outs, but i got mugged off basically, by the time i got home i regretted it, but by then its 2 late, so after another 2 months of not being able to pay my bills i just cancelled the contract and got a bill for the the remainder of the contract, still havent paid a penny though
You must have some credit rating. I'd try and get that sh*t sorted if you hope to get a loan/mortgage in the future tbh
what i was thinkin credit rating must be f*cked
my credit rating is appauling, going bankrupt in the new year so the chances of me ever getting a loan or a morgage in the future are non exsistent really
smh

oh well, if i can never get a loan or credit cards or overdrafts i cant get into debt with any of them again, and to be honest im not bothered about getting a morgage, as long as i have enough money to live on im happy
Shouldn't really have that mentalityyou should atleast try and sort out your credit problemsits not about being 35 and trying to make ends meets

oh well, if i can never get a loan or credit cards or overdrafts i cant get into debt with any of them again, and to be honest im not bothered about getting a morgage, as long as i have enough money to live on im happy
Shouldn't really have that mentalityyou should atleast try and sort out your credit problemsits not about being 35 and trying to make ends meets
dont get me wrong its not an ideal situation to be in, ive looked into paying all my debts back and how much i can afford etc, but to be honest it will be a big weight off my shoulders knowing its just wiped out, even though i know i wont be able to do certain things in the future, but i got my self into this mess due to my own stupidity, and its not the end of the world if i cant get credit, theres ways around things and as soon as im able to start working again i'll be looking to eventually earn enough of my own money that i dont need to borrow money from banks or credit cards, ive learnt how to live on the basis that if i dont have it i cant spend it, and im cool with that to be honest, as strange as that might sound to some people but plenty of people manage to live comfortable lives without needing a good credit rating to get by