Escaped prisoner taunts police on Facebook

Sinister

Guest Triple XXX
Craig 'Lazie' Lynch check out channel 5 news uk at 7.30 i just did a phone interview. So all you supporters and haters out there watch this space
this guy is constantly givin me jokes

• 3 weeks later...
The long arm of the law has finally caught up with Britain’s most famous middle finger.

Craig “Lazie” Lynch, 28, became a global internet star during four months of running from police while he mocked officers with insults and clues to his whereabouts on Facebook.

He was arrested by the Metropolitan Police in Kent this morning after spending New Year’s Eve in London watching a fireworks display and enjoying a traditional lunch on Christmas Day.

He posted a seasonal photograph online last month that showed him holding the cooked turkey and wearing a strand of tinsel while raising his middle finger to the camera. Below the image, a caption read: “Here's proof. How could I get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha.”

Related Links

* Escaped prisoner taunts police on Facebook

Lynch absconded in September from Hollesley Bay open prison, near Woodbridge, Suffolk, where he was serving a seven-year jail term for aggravated burglary.

As a low-rent Bonnie and Clyde for the social networking generation, the escapee became known all over the world attracting 40,000 members to his Facebook profile under the name “Maximus Justice”.

His page was shut down after police contacted Facebook looking for information on where he might be hiding out and updating the site.

Once his original page was closed he set up a new one and began an even bolder string of appearances, boasting: "Guess who's back?"

This year he posted: "I got a fantastic video, me watchin the London firework display surrounded by thousands of incompetent pigs. I'm even recorded asking police for directions. Let's get this show back on the road."

Other messages include: “Craig ‘Lazie’ Lynch needs to get up and get motivated, too many things to do today!” and “Craig ‘Lazie’ Lynch Is thinkin, which lucky girl will be my first of 2010!!”

Another entry reads: “Craig ‘Lazie’ Lynch just nearly wrote my motor off again. F***** ice everywhere i went round the corner and ended up halfway on someones driveway!!”

Under “personal information” he wrote on his Facebook page: “You’ll have a laugh with me but it will end in tears. It always does.”

This morning he appeared at Bexleyheath Magistrates’ Court charged with escaping from lawful custody.