ANDROID - OFFICIAL THREAD

Lenny

HTC DESIRE ANY OF YOU MAN GOT IT?

My mate got it last week and he seems to like it. I personally prefer the look of the Touch HD and HD 2 but the screen is sharp and I think he said it has a 1 Ghz Snap Dragon processor, which he's impressed with.

He got his as an Orange upgrade so the only thing he complains about is the Orange branded everything but he'll load a new ROM to fix that. Beside that he hasn't explored it fully, yet.

My phone keeps saying Force Close/Wait loads of times when im trying to send text messages

anyone know whats up with that

What app you using for texts

I use ChompSMS and it messes up sometimes

Re-install ?

just the standard

it was coz i had too many text messages, it stopped doing that when i deleted them

desire

why?

messing about with it today and the lack of keyboard after having a G1 is emosh

its a bad trap i feel the same but not so many phones other than BBs have hardware qwerty keyboards

prefer no touch screen to no qwerty keyboard tbh

Android Smartphones Outsell iPhone

Smartphones running Google's Android operating system have begun outselling Apple's iPhone both in Korea and overseas.

A total of 28,900 Android-powered smartphones were sold in Korea in the first week of this month, according to handset makers and telecom providers on Tuesday. They include 20,000 units of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy A, 5,600 units of Pantech's Sirius, and 3,300 units of LG Electronics' Andro-1. In the same period 25,700 iPhones were sold.

Android smartphones have also overtaken the iPhone for second place in the U.S. market. According to market researcher NPD on Monday, Android smartphones accounted for 28 percent of the market, compared with 21 percent for the iPhone. The top-selling model in the quarter was Research In Motion's BlackBerry, which captured a 36-percent market share.

Guest haze-e

OK.

As stated i have just got my Desire on upgrade.

To download free apps do i have to root it first and if i have any problems will T-Mobile clock this?

Also how big are apps? I have an 8gb memory card. 7.2gig of that is music...

Looking to get that desire soon

I still don't understand the advantages of rooting is it like jail breaking the iphone?

its just being able to optimise your phone + being able to unlock a few features that were left out of the original software

you can already get free apps from warez sites without doing so though

Guest haze-e

Looking to get that desire soon

I still don't understand the advantages of rooting is it like jail breaking the iphone?

its just being able to optimise your phone + being able to unlock a few features that were left out of the original software

you can already get free apps from warez sites without doing so though

Via warezz sites will i need anything special to add them to my phone?