ANDROID - OFFICIAL THREAD

Lenny

I've never choosen a phone based on pic quality or mega pixels etc. I have a proper dedicated camera for taking good pics. The cameraphone business good yes for handy off key moments. But never part of my decision making in choosing any handset. If it happens to have a good camera bolted on then so be it.

Valid.

Its only a consideration for me now because Ive had several of those off key moments recently where Ive gone f*ck I wish I had a decent camera on me.

/

Any hardware keyboard fans switched to touch screen only? Im weary...

I made the switch to touchscreen only, with the nokia 5800 when it was new. Prior to that it was always a mixture of combined touchscreen and pull out keyboards.

Touchscreen keyboards have improved alot over the years, but nothin can beat a decent keyboard when the manufacturer get the design and ergonomics on point. I use to have a Samsung i700. Worst keyboard ever, button way to small and fiddley.

but ur latest handsets which are touchscreen only have stepped up. Guess it just boils down to preference and how you intend to use it.

I have no complaint using this Nokia 5800 for texting and browsing etc..

But next stop is either the Iphone 4, Desire HD and now even considering the new Blackberry Torch.

^^^^

See i'm in the same situation. I type so quickly with my G1 I haven't taken my upgrade for 6months now.....my HD2 just isn't cutting it. The phone is practically just a device I receieve emails on and browse the net....discgraceful. But then again I've never been a fan of windows mobile.

HTC Desire was the 1st touchscreen I used to type where I was completely satisfied

Guest Triple XXX

that swype kinda typin is f*ckED

dnt even see how people can do it

isn't it the same as normal touchscreen typing jus without taking your finger off?

seems f*cked bruv

ill try it wen i get an android

Dual-core smartphones are on their way which should mean better processing power and longer battery life (via lower power consumption?)

we are talking like up to 1.5ghz dual core

end of the year / Q1 2011 will see the first ones drop

was gonna grab the desire HD but its not about taking out a 24 month contract when theres a jump in technology due

/

Android 3.0 aka Gingerbread with a refined UI on its way too.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly two weeks since I sent my phone off for repair with Tmobile.

Tbh, they might aswell have given me a new phone with the amount of repair they had/still have to do.

Furthermore, I don't understand why they can't update their repair tracker properly ffs. I want my phone back :(

htc_desire_z_review_26.jpg

looks like the upgrade tbh

I just wish it had a 5 line keyboard, but i'm being overly picky :lol:

Company phone is ready for upgrade, all the other idiots reverted back to Blackberries (because of their bad experience with the HTC HD2). They tried to force a decision from me and the only option was a Desire, Iphone 3g, or BB.....me and 2 others stood our ground.

Got in touch with our O2 Business woman to discuss options....and she informed me that because all the others took their free BB's there's 3000quid discount left for 3 people :lol:

Now I just gotta convince the big-wigs a Galaxy Tab would increase my productivity

(not to mention my 3 T-mobile phones are ready for upgrade) :Y: