ANDROID - OFFICIAL THREAD

Lenny

HMM

Adding insult to injury, Motorola (or AT&T, who has a habit of doing this sort of thing) has locked the device down in a way that not only prevents you from flashing the phone with a custom ROM, but also won't even let users install apps via email or SD card. That means that when our developers gave us a new version of the Engadget app to test out, it was a total no-go on this handset. So much for open!

if this doesnt change i'll think twice about copping. 50gb of memory, il be wanting some flexibility.

If you're interested to know what's happening on the Firefox side, you'll be disappointed to discover that the browser is sluggish by most standards, not even coming close to the performance seen on most modern netbooks or cheaper laptops. In place of actual applications, you can create web app shortcuts, but in our experience running even just a couple of separate browser instances can bog down the system to a point of frustration. You can run Flash content in the browser, though performance was choppy at best -- providing a barely watchable experience for something like Hulu at its lowest bitrate setting. If you're hoping to use this for video or audio streaming (even over WiFi), you may find yourself disappointed.

:/

disappointed overall

thing is is that the hardware is f*ckin sh*t hot

if you could install custom roms id cop and just wait for someone to improve the UI

but i trust them guy it sounds like a let down. even if it just had google chrome with good adobe flash support that would be enough

and f*ck motoblur i look forward to the day everyone gets vanilla android

trust, maybe we just expect too much

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/htc-incredible-s-desire-s-and-wildfire-s-video-hands-on/

HTC Desire S, Incredible S and Wildfire S videos

aint checked them out yet, not even sure if theyre coming to the UK

I've got a Desire, and I'm not blown over by any of those at all. Theres no overwhelming reason as to why I'd upgrade from the Desire at the mo

I didnt know you could connect your Windows Phone to Xbox Live and earn acheivments for games like Plants vs Zombies and Angry birds :!:

Or do i have some misconstrued information??

Guest Supreme Allah

dunno but it f*ckin puts all your msn contacts into your phone book n u either have to delete them from hotmail which takes long or download windows live mail

theres no programs like whatsapp n ringtones are sh*t

i need the galaxy S2

On my HTC how the f*ck do I move stuff to the SD card if it won't let me? Got a 16gb SD card but it's not letting me install any more apps cos storage space is critical on the phone apparently.

Stuff like twitter and FB it won't let me move

Android is basically linux (operating system)

rooting your phone means giving yourself root, or superuser (think...admin) access, giving you access to system files and the ability to change things that normally are marked read only

This allows you to change all kinds of things that normally you wouldn't be able to, along with install custom versions of Android.

you could install a rom with multizoom throughout the entire os, you can turn your phone into a wireless hotspot, or run an optimised version of android with overclooking to make your phone fly....the possibilities are limited only by the hardware itself and not limitations implemented by the carrier or google.

*lifted this anser from another forum and edited

Guest Supreme Allah

oh sh*t Galaxy SII has DLNA, just as im about to cop a new TV

next ting

phoned Vodafone n they dont even know when its out

blogs are sayin this month though, needs to hurry up