Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives

Thun

been listening to the album all day while doing revision im liking it alot favourite songs so far are

as we enter, Africa must wake up, count my blessings, patience, in his own words, tribal wars,nah mean

never really listen Damien Marley other than the jamrock song guy is seriously talented he rips certain

songs on the album like the song nah mean, as we enter and strong will continue overall i album is sick

Nas has at least one Classic left in him, Kelis saw to that so hopefully this is just a taste of things to come.

C/S

1 more classic comment, I can feel it

as we enter

tribes at war

strong will continue

leaders

friends

land of promise

in his own words

nah mean

my generation

africa must wake up

the other couple tunes which i aint classed as bangers will probably grown on me anyway

some of the beat production is f*ckED

*Reads comments*

*Looks at Streets*

*Nods in agreement*

Just for the sheer fact that it's Nas and Damian, I expected more but I too was left disappointed. Streets is right, it's not a great album.

The preachy vibe wasn't that bad but it was just the wrong time to do that type of album. It's 2010, Nas should have done what his sick at & is best known for, dropping boasty bars. I got the impression this was a Damian album & he had more creative control while Nas just kinda filled in.

Boasty nas>>>>>>>>>conscious nas>>>>>>>>>>>

I know I'm stating the obvious but this is defo one of them albums you have to be in that conscious living/pro black/freedom fighter/we're all one type of mindstate to fully get into.

As we enter is big

Strong will continue is big

Friends is big

Count your blessings is big

/

I don't know, I was expecting a 3 part album where nas does what his best at with Damian backing then Damian does his with Nas backing then they join forces and smash it but no. I got a Damian Marley album with Nas backing on a more conscious tip than boasty tip.

I blame Damian.

• Downvote 4

I don't know, I was expecting a 3 part album where nas does what his best at with Damian backing then Damian does his with Nas backing then they join forces and smash it but no. I got a Damian Marley album with Nas backing on a more conscious tip than boasty tip.

I blame Damian.

I agree that its a Damian Marley album with Nas on there, but to me, this is natural progression for Nas. His two recent albums were Hip Hop is Dead, then wanted to call the next album Nigger. An album about black (it has elements of but isnt really pro-black) etc. isnt out of the blue IMO. And remember, Nas is bigger than Jr. Gong, therefore he didnt need to work with the lesser known Damian Marley, let him produce the whole album, turn what was supposed to be an EP into an album project etc. at all - he wanted to

Nas has at least one Classic left in him, Kelis saw to that so hopefully this is just a taste of things to come.

C/S

1 more classic comment, I can feel it

as we enter

tribes at war

strong will continue

leaders

friends

land of promise

in his own words

nah mean

my generation

africa must wake up

the other couple tunes which i aint classed as bangers will probably grown on me anyway

some of the beat production is f*ckED

How you not mentioning Patience, easily the best tune on there

On 24/05/2010 at 11:37 PM, Afgoon said:

sh*t bombed in america 60k shippped in 2 weeks LOl nas lost

its trash after a while streets was fully justified in his comments

I know this is but an album like this can never be judged on sales. Especially not first week sales.