Freedom isn't free, It costs folks like you and me...

Francis Coquelin

The Iranian government's deadly crackdown on demonstrators Sunday, when security forces fired on protesters on the Muslim holy day of Ashura -- a day on which violence of any kind is forbidden -- has raised anti-government anger to fever pitch."Killing Muslims on Ashura," one protester told ABC News by telephone from Tehran today, "is like crucifying Christians on Christmas."In the wake of the deadliest protests in six months, reports said the Iranian government today arrested hundreds of protesters and began a roundup of prominent opposition figures.In the bold demonstrations Sunday, the crowd lashed back at security forces, attacking riot police and burning their motorcycles and vans.One video shows riot police cornered in a shop entrance, begging for forgiveness.The demonstrations spread to several cities across the country and across wide swaths of Iranian society.Several witnesses also describe a crowd more mixed than before, a sign the movement is expanding beyond the young, urban, educated people who have mostly led the charge."The crowd included people not just from one part of society, young and old, religious and secular," the same protester said. "It's clear lots of people are unhappy with the government."As in several recent protests, participants condemned the regime, not just June's disputed presidential election."They think that this is the last chance for the regime," another protester told ABC News by telephone. "They think that this will be the end of the regime."There will be more occasions in the coming days and weeks, including the funerals of Sunday's victims, for protesters to gather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ke9dpyx3yA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think we are free here?at least they are psychologically free. What is happening in Iran is what needs to happen worldwide.The people need to unite and fight corrupted government.Anyway, i'm tired of watching the videos.*books plane ticket to iran*
Not going to lie this exact thought crossed my mind.Was like, isn't it ironic they're probably way more alive than us.Then thought thats just a pothead thought.

kurious you dont need any substance to open anything you were born with everything you need./R.I.Pgovernments tremble still, the people want back the power they entrusted and that you abused, governments are at the whim of their people not vice versa. we are many they are few.ang tite the revolutionaries across the globe.keep on.

weed is the only drug that can open the 4th dimension of ur brainThere are 7 in totalCourse the weed we got is so contaminated it cant unlock that chamber without poisening it at the same timelook it up
stfu please/that sh*t is deep but its not much different to over here tbh, its only they can cover it up better over here

you think we are free here?at least they are psychologically free. What is happening in Iran is what needs to happen worldwide.The people need to unite and fight corrupted government.Anyway, i'm tired of watching the videos.*books plane ticket to iran*
Not going to lie this exact thought crossed my mind.Was like, isn't it ironic they're probably way more alive than us.Then thought thats just a pothead thought.
dnt dismiss ur pothead thoughts cos i agree weed opens ur mind, thats what they dont want the people to realiseslows ur sh*t down, an gives u time to think about things on an elevated level

@ kuriousthe way i see it drugs just alter the way we perceive a narrow band of reality. people talk as if herb or lsd will give you some kind enlightenment but i think it makes as little difference as putting on a pair of sunglasses./I hope this uprising is successful and makes a difference for the people of iran unlike its last revolution.

I walked back to mine last night from my bredrins stoned as f*ck, rehersing my Dragon's Den pitch (out loud)I'd come up with an idea to really transform Newham into the 21st century. I called it, 'The Beginning of the New World'lol @ don't dismiss your pothead thoughts...
lol i'ld love to hear ideas bout how you can transform that sh*t holeyou cant polish a turd

herb does a lot more than lsd or any drug will ever in terms of self revelationsIt dont take weed to see the reality but it will bring it to you+The revolution will be televised, digitalised, youtubelised and simplified until we are completely desensitizedup in the venting thread like 'yoooo man feels to die right now my Ipod just deleated all it own memory'