Diaby Signs

SaladFingers

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has signed a new long-term contract with the Emirates Stadium outfit.The France midfielder is enjoying his best season to date for the Gunners and has become an integral part of Arsene Wenger's plans.Diaby moved to North London from Auxerre in his homeland in January 2006 in a deal worth £2million.The 23-year-old endured a miserable end to his first season in England as he suffered a horror ankle injury against Sunderland in May which ruled him out of the UEFA Champions League final defeat by Barcelona.Further injury problems restricted his involvement, but this season has seen Diaby emerge as a real talent, contributing five goals from 14 Premier League starts."This shows my long-term commitment to Arsenal and I am very happy here, which is why I am so pleased to extend my contract," said Diaby."It's a great thing for me and hopefully there will be some good years ahead for me here."Gunners boss Wenger added: "Abou is a great player with huge presence on the football pitch and he has the potential to be an extremely influential part of Arsenal for many years to come."

wellington-silva-arsenal.jpgArsenal Complete Wellington Silva Signinghttp://youngguns.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/arsenal-complete-wellington-silva-signing/Arsenal have finally wrapped up the protracted signing of Brazil Under 17 international striker Wellington Silva. The prospect will complete the move from Fluminense when he turns 18, in January 2011. The Gunners have taken advantage of a financial problem with Flu and after thrashing out a deal last month, everything has been signed and sealed. Arsenal have paid for 65% ownership of Wellington, and will pay the other 35% when he is eligible to move to England. Fluminense have been struggling to pay players and staff so an immediate payment has been made to ease their cash-flow problems.Agent Rodrigo Pitta conducted business on behalf of the Brazilian Serie ‘A’ club, and confirmed to local newspapers yesterday that everything has gone through.“We completed the transfers last week, he is already an Arsenal player and Fluminense has already received some money.”The chase is finally over for one of the most exciting attackers outside of Europe. The starlet, nicknamed Ciel, impressed during a 7 day trial last Christmas – he even played 45 minutes for the Under 16’s against Norwich – and he made an emphatic impression, scoring 4 goals. In a bid to warn off potential suitors who included Chelsea, Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Barcelona, coach Carlos Alberto Parreira promoted Wellington into his first-team squad trusted Brazil-based scout Sandro Orlandelli managed to orchestrate a deal worth £3.4 million to secure his services. Silva can play either up front or on the wing and he posed for pictures sporting a replica shirt with his name on it for social networking site Facebook shortly after confirmation was recieved.Look forward to him arriving.

Henri Lansbury signs aswell
lol who cares
Arsène Wenger is convinced that Henri Lansbury will be a "big player" for Arsenal.The 19-year-old midfielder is one of many young Englishman climbing through the ranks at Emirates Stadium and he has been rewarded for his steady progress with a new long-term contract.Lansbury is currently on loan at Watford - he has made 20 appearances so far - and will spend the rest of the campaign at Vicarage Road to gain valuable experience. But when he returns to Arsenal in the summer he will be very much part of Wenger's plans."He will be a big player for me," the manager told Arsenal.com"He is at the moment having a very interesting experience [at Watford] that we judge to be very successful."He will come back at the end of the season and practise with the first-team in the next pre-season. Then we will assess the situation with him together."

Immediately after signing a new contract with Arsenal Football Club, Abou Diaby spoke exclusively to Arsenal.com to discuss his delight at earning the long-term deal.The French midfielder's fine form this season has seen him become a regular in Arsène Wenger's first-team and the six goals he has notched up so far have already eclipsed the four he scored last term.In an exclusive interview with the Club's official website, Diaby discussed his new deal, his hopes for the future and Arsenal's title challenge.Abou, congratulations, you must be delighted with your new deal?"Yes, of course. I'm very happy to sign a new contract with the Club. It shows my long-term commitment to Arsenal. I'm very happy here and I love the Club which is why I'm so pleased to extend my contract. It's a good thing and hopefully we're going to have some great years here."It's also a sign of Arsène Wenger's confidence in you isn't it?"Yes, of course. He decided to extend my contract and that means that he has confidence in me and I'm very happy for that. At the same time I want to be thankful for him because it gives me a lot of confidence and it's a good thing for me because I work hard and it gives me confidence.Is it the perfect way for you to enter the New Year?"It is a perfect moment and I think we're going to start the New Year with a good base. The most important thing for me is to keep going and keep performing to help the team to win. I think personally there is a lot more to come but I'm working hard all the time to get to my best."Is this your best period since joining Arsenal?"Yes, it could be because it has been nearly four years now and I have had a lot of injuries. This year has been good because I have played a lot and I try to do my best. The most important thing for me is to look forward and focus on what is coming in the future."These next six months could be very exciting for Arsenal with the team involved in the Premier League title race."I think now we are in a really good position and I hope that we will keep going and get closer to Chelsea and Manchester United. We have a good opportunity to win the title this year so we have to really work hard for that."What do you think will be the key to winning the title this season?"I think that we have to be really consistent. For the last six months we have to be really consistent and win games. The team is ready, the spirit is there and the quality as well so we have everything to win the League and even the Champions League as well."And of course it continues with Bolton next week. It's the game in hand Arsenal have on Chelsea, so it's a vital match isn't it?"Yes because if we win we get to one point behind Chelsea so it's really important for us and we have to win that game to get closer and then we will see what happens."And with Alex Song and Cesc Fabregas both out for a few games, is now the time for you to step up and lead the midfield?"Alex and Cesc are really important players in our team and they are big players as well. If they are not there I think the other players have to take responsibility so I'm ready for that and I'm sure that the other players are ready for that as well."And your good form with Arsenal could help you to cement a place at the World Cup with France, couldn't it?"Of course I would like to play in the World Cup in the summer and do well at the World Cup but at the moment I'm really focussed with what I'm doing with the Club because that is the most important thing. We will see in the summer with the World Cup."So you are confident Arsenal can win a trophy this year?"Of course, we have everything here to be a great team and we have got to give our best and give everything to win something this year."