January Transfer Window Thread

Lenny

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Arsenal spend more than us this transfer window and strenghten in the right areas they will finish ahead of us,we need a qualty creative midfielder. And i'm not buying this sh*t about "we're not doing business because the markets inflated"1. we are one of the two to blame for inflating it along with Real due to Mr Ronaldo so our complaining is abit rich (which is the only thing rich about us right now). 2. Its a world cup year and with teams like City snapping up and offering silly money for any player who twinkles the prices are only gonna get higher after the tournament. I hope even the Glazers realise that to make money out of the football club you need to win tropheysand to win tropheys you need top quality players. we cant keep Relying on Sir Ryan. the only real creative players we have that can carve open defences at will are Giggsy Berba and Scholes (when he's in the mood) how can we realisticly challenge for the CL when we're are weaker than we were last season. hope hargreaves returns hope Diouf has the quality Hope Macheda DOESNT go on loan (coz no matter how good you are if SAF send you out on loan, its over for you) Rossi and Pique will tell you that.rant over. I sincerly hope that i'm wrong about the Glazers and the money from Ronaldo is availableand saying all this i still believe we'll finish in the top 2 come end of 6he season

For once i kinda agree with Kompressor...... however i feel we have a few more creative players who just arent being used right.....or used at allBeen linked with Di Maria wouldnt mind nani leaving if Di Maria came in but only if Di Maria came inIf the likes of VIlla, Aguero, Rodriguez and Dzeko come to the other other 3 big teams in the league then its over for us next season.Oh yeah need a center back aswell only having 3 seasoned center backs is a fail would prefer Kjaer to the likes of Cahil, Alves, Rodwell, Shawcross etc.... that have been linked with us.

if we sign a CB before we sign a AM i will burst a gasket and probably do myself a serious injury,our midfield used to be one of our strongest features and right now its by far our weakest we dont tear teams apart anymore (apart from Wigan) we need someone with a spark of brilliance someone who can excite the crowd and make things happen.

Obertan is that guybut im rather laurent blanc about him would rather he played in the reserves and come on when we are 4 up playing party football.

(coz no matter how good you are if SAF send you out on loan, its over for you) Rossi and Pique will tell you that.
what about beckhamjohnny evansjohn o sheaif he goes on loan nd plays could be a good move for him
I see your point but those loans came before those players had made any impact on the first teamthose guys had only played in Friendlies. SAF like to keep the players he ear marks for the future close to him. and all this talk of him going on loan abroad is silly anyway

We need a bit of guile in the final third.Would like Tuncay, but I don't think he can move 'cos of the play for three clubs in one season rule.Milan Jovanovic been linked, know nothing about him but he's been linked since we signed Marlon and Nige. Takes a good penalty apparently - and we need that.Wouldn't mind Robbie Keane if the price was right (£7-9m), but it won't be and Spurs won't sell to us.Also need another centre midfielder. Competition/cover for Petrov and Milner.

Arsène Wenger does not expect any players to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis during the current transfer window. The Frenchman says the only person likely to depart Emirates Stadium this month will be Jack Wilshere, who may make a loan move in order to gain first-team experience. During his exclusive interview with Arsenal TV Online on New Year's Day, the manager was asked if he will sell anyone while the transfer window is open. "No," he replied. "As we said many times Jack Wilshere could go on loan somewhere but he will not leave us on a permanent basis."
Arsène Wenger does not expect Marouane Chamakh to be available in January.The transfer window opened on Friday and Arsenal have been linked with any number of strikers since their manager admitted he was in the market to buy a replacement for long-term injury victim Robin Van Persie.Bordeaux star Chamakh has been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium since the summer and Wenger admitted in September that Arsenal had been "close" to signing him after selling Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City.Some expect Wenger to reignite his interest in the Moroccan international in the New Year but the Arsenal boss believes Chamakh is out of his reach.“Chamakh is in the Champions League with Bordeaux and at the top of their league, so he will not move now," said Wenger."He has four months [of his contract] to go with Bordeaux and they have no interest in selling him."

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool are in talks to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Maxi Rodriguez.Rodriguez, who is out of contract in the summer, has fallen out of favour at Atletico and the Spaniards are understood to be willing to let him move on.The 27-year-old is believed to be keen on a move away from the Vicente Calderon as he looks to secure his spot in Argentina's World Cup squad by playing regular first-team football.Boca Juniors have been linked with a move to bring the winger back to his native Argentina, but Liverpool are thought to be favourites for his signature.Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to bolster his squad in the January transfer window and with Rodriguez available for a small fee, he fits the bill for what Benitez is looking for.
OMG OMG OMGRafa >> __