Kwanza

Gunner

No i am not American.
tbh if u aint african american u have no business celebrating this \thread
Celebrate what i want/thread...why you say so anyway...?
f*ck having to be American. If you're of African descent then you can celebrate whatever.Shouts to the Tanzanians, Ugandans, Kenyans and dem Swahili speakers dere,

No i am not American.
tbh if u aint african american u have no business celebrating this \thread
Celebrate what i want/thread...why you say so anyway...?
according to your source. "give Blacks an alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."i would imagine african americans mostly being descendants of slaves have no link to africa its culture and celebrations so this is gdbut i can guess that u are 3rd or 2nd generation because u live in the uk and know specifically which country u are from either in caribbean or africa and celebrate an event annually based on itit is an american/east african 'thing' and was not even imported/has no relevance heretherefore im out

@ SupermaltKwanzaa is a weeklong celebration held in the United States honoring universal African heritage and culture, marked by participants lighting a kinara (candle holder).[1] It is observed from December 26 to January 1 each year.Universal is the word im looking at.Anything which celebrates African hertiage and culture is looked upon in a goodlight by myself, regardless of it's geographical origin.It has alot of relevance for me. Im Black, both my parents are also black and the 3 of us were born in London, England. My 4 grandparents were born in Jamaica so my closest ties are there. But as everyone knows Jamaica is not the land where Black people orignally came from. So i celebrate being British, being Jamaican, being African and being Black to name but a few. Also the principle of Kwanzaa i like alot.Kwanzaa celebrates what its founder called the seven principles of Kwanzaa, or Nguzo Saba (originally Nguzu Saba—the seven principles of blackness), which Karenga said "is a communitarian African philosophy," consisting of what Karenga called "the best of African thought and practice in constant exchange with the world." These seven principles comprise Kawaida, a Swahili term for tradition and reason. Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows: * Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race. * Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves. * Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together. * Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together. * Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness. * Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it. * Imani (Faith): To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.