Malouda "Fat Frank is picked on status not merit"

TF S4DK

FLORENT MALOUDA has stuck the knife into Chelsea team- mate Frank Lampard - accusing the England star of being picked on status, not merit.Malouda's incredible rant has cast a huge shadow over the Blues' FA Cup tie with Watford this afternoon.For the 29-year-old Frenchman has not only blasted Lampard but also boss Carlo Ancelotti's tactics and even the entire English nation.Malouda insists Lampard is given preferential treatment and the winger is so upset, he is considering quitting Chelsea.He stormed: "I am ready to go and look elsewhere. Finding another club is not a problem."I went to see Carlo Ancelotti after the Boxing Day match with Birmingham to tell him about my frustration."And when asked if he feels he is a victim of the repositioning of Lampard on the left side of Ancelotti's diamond formation, Malouda replies: "This is true."It's a problem of status within the club. Lampard gets to play in the same position he occupies in the England national side, and we are in a World Cup year."But a player's first-team status at any given moment ought to bear a relation to his performances. Things have to change."It is the first time a Chelsea star has openly attacked Ancelotti's team selection - and it is even more alarming considering Malouda has played in 25 of the Premier League leaders' 30 games this season.Lampard has scored eight goals in 26 games for the Blues this season, compared to Malouda's return of just four in 25.But the Frenchman - who signed a new contract only last June that binds him to Stamford Bridge until 2013 - is upset at being on the bench for this season's big games against Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City.He added in respected French newspaper L'Equipe: "I would love Chelsea to have the confidence to start me in matches."The system we used has enabled us to be where we are in the table. But we can find solutions by using the wings more. Playing through the middle, we can end up in a traffic jam."I think I had a good start to the season but I find myself on the bench for important games, like against Arsenal and Manchester United. I feel frustrated when it comes to our big games."I have put the problem to the manager. If there is no place for me in the system, I can go and look elsewhere."The manager has told me the club has shut the door to all departures in January and June, but we'll see how things go from now until the end of the season."Malouda added: "When I arrived in 2007, I had the label of a Jose Mourinho player. But I've had five managers and each time I have started from scratch."Last season, I had the status of one of the leading players. Now I am back in question."But he did concede: "It's not easy for the manager. He has just arrived and has a squad to manage. We have the captains of Germany, Ghana, the Ivory Coast and England - and I'm not a captain. I do have World Cup ambitions and this is a bit embarrassing in relation to the status I have with France. I am paying for the system."Malouda, who has 50 caps, is still set to play at this summer's World Cup finals alongside disgraced captain Thierry Henry.Former Arsenal legend Henry was branded a cheat for his handball goal, which put the French through at the expense of the Republic of Ireland.And Malouda added: "I am not proud of Thierry's handball. But I regret the fact that French people are not chauvinistic like the English."He is the captain of the French team, and we ought to have defended him more. He found himself isolated and it created a split."Even ourselves, the players, should have shown a bit more solidarity with him."

Florent Malouda has reacted strongly to newspaper stories published ahead of today's win over Watford, suggesting among other thoughts that he is unhappy with Carlo Ancelotti's selection of Frank Lampard over him in some big games.The stories in the English media were based on an interview given in French to a French publication.Speaking to Chelsea TV after today's match, Malouda gave the following response:What did Florent Malouda say and how is Florent Malouda?Nothing that you could read today came out of my mouth. I was really shocked and surprised when I came and we had a meeting at quarter-to-12 when I discovered my words.My reaction was to go and talk with the manager and talk with Lamps [Frank Lampard] and the meeting was clear. The rest I don't want to talk about that because they did it on purpose and tried to put trouble in our team. I would say that is disgusting and that is why I am proud of the way we played tonight because that is the best way to answer and to show that we are partners and we are all trying to win things together. Me and Lamps have played together in the past and we will play together in the futureI did an interview in France and I said I am here in Chelsea to try to do a career like Ryan Giggs and like Javier Zanetti at Inter Milan, which is why I am looking for the future. I have too much respect for the fans to speak in those terms and for me it is clear, the story finished.I think Lamps and me reacted very well on the pitch. He scored a wonderful goal and me a goal off my shin and it was a good day to score for me. We have to look forward and I don't care what is written because I know it is not coming from my mouth.How do you feel because you have not played so much recently?Unfortunately I was banned for the Fulham game but I feel good and fit and I have the confidence of the coach and my partners. We have so many games to play and so many positive things to do that I don't give so much importance to these kind of things. I am a positive person and we work hard every day in training and we know how things like that can happen.I hope the fans give support to the team because when people write things like this they are trying to put trouble into the team and we are so good and we can not afford this.In his post-match press conference, Carlo Ancelotti added:'I spoke with Malouda, I explained my position, he explained his, for me it was finished there. There was no problem. It is normal that a player wants to play every game. For us Malouda is an important player and he wants to play important games. For me every game is important and he played a lot of games.'When I was a player and I didn't play I was a little bit frustrated. It is important for when a player doesn't play to have a good reaction. Malouda is doing professional work.'
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1921916,00.htmlSeen.