Maths heads

Lieutenant

Marge is doing some test for work online and this question come up.I've been tryna help but can't quite get it.Theres a box, it's dimensions are 77cm(L), 32cm(W), 35cm(D).There's cans, it's dimensions are 11cm(L), 7cm(Diameter)How many cans can you fit in the box?-140-160-180-200?Beg you show a quick working out, i thought I had the technique but obviously went wrong somewhere.

That's coz I'm not convinced lol. Logically, you can fit 132. But I bet these are some super shape-shifting cans, in which case you need to find the volume of the cans and divide the volume of the box by that.My way:If you stand them up you can get 4 across the width and 11 across the length and you can get 3 levels of that so 4*11*3 = 132.Or you can lie them down and you can get 7*2*5=70.So I'm going with 140.The gay way:Volume of circle = 3.15*3.5^2*11 = 423.115Volume of box = 32*35*77 = 86240Answer = 203

They just gave her the answers with working outs..Divide the length of the box by the diameter of the can, 32/7 = 4.57(4)Divide the width of the box by the diameter of the can, 35/7 = 5Multiply these amounts to find out how many cans fit into each layer, 4 x 5 = 20 per layerDivide the height of the box by the height of the can to find how many layers, 77 x 11 = 7Multiply the cans per layer by the number of layers 20 x 7 = 140

the cans would fit together like rectangular blocks, each CIRCULAR can would take up one rectangular space (7cm x 7cm) cos they would touch side to side...so in one "layer" you would be able to fit (77x32) / (7x7)...the u have 3 layers (cos thats the maximum depth u can take up "3 x11 = 33cm", and extra layer would make it 44cm and u only have 35cm depth) so 3 times that number.*edit just saw the answer, 140 there not being efficient enuf, my way u can get 150 lol.

f*ck*ng hate Math...Most pointless thing ever!How many cans can we get in? why not just grab the cans and try stuff them in and see how many you can get it! It's a joke i swear.. ask the most stupidest questions (and things not really likely to happen)
could be silly statement of the month

Guest Flat Ericó
u can work out the area of the box easyu then need to work out the perimeter or circumference of a canive forgotten the formula but ask wiley i heard he's got it.
hahaaaaa