Jonathan Ross Quits The Beeb

MrJibbles

This is the full statement put out by Jonathan Ross today:"Although I have had a wonderful time working for the BBC, and am very proud of the shows I have made while there, over the last two weeks I have decided not to re-negotiate when my current contract comes to an end."While there I have worked with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry and had the opportunity to interview some of the biggest stars in the world, and am grateful to the BBC for such a marvellous experience."I would like to make it perfectly clear that no negotiations ever took place and that my decision is not financially motivated."I signed my current contract with the BBC having turned down more lucrative offers from other channels because it was where I wanted to be and - as I have said before - would happily have stayed there for any fee they cared to offer, but there were other considerations."I love making my Friday night talk show, my Saturday morning radio show and the Film Programme, and will miss them all."I look forward to continuing work on these shows until the Summer, and I will continue hosting the Bafta Film Awards, Comic Relief and other BBC specials."Working at the BBC has been a tremendous privilege, and I would like to thank everyone who has watched and listened so loyally over the last 13 years."http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-bbc-resignation-statementl
Ahhh well, one of the more interesting shows on the beep is ending.

Doesn't sound like he's quit to me, more like he got fired.
well tbfHis contract was never going to get renewed since that whole radio thing. And they moved the Graham Norton show from bbc 2 to bbc 1, so it was more of " Imma go before they pull the plug out on this show" type of thing.Also there was speculation that he was going to lose the film slot too, with some American film critic waiting in the wings.

This is the full statement put out by Jonathan Ross today:"Although I have had a wonderful time working for the BBC, and am very proud of the shows I have made while there, over the last two weeks I have decided not to re-negotiate when my current contract comes to an end."While there I have worked with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry and had the opportunity to interview some of the biggest stars in the world, and am grateful to the BBC for such a marvellous experience."I would like to make it perfectly clear that no negotiations ever took place and that my decision is not financially motivated."I signed my current contract with the BBC having turned down more lucrative offers from other channels because it was where I wanted to be and - as I have said before - would happily have stayed there for any fee they cared to offer, but there were other considerations."I love making my Friday night talk show, my Saturday morning radio show and the Film Programme, and will miss them all."I look forward to continuing work on these shows until the Summer, and I will continue hosting the Bafta Film Awards, Comic Relief and other BBC specials."Working at the BBC has been a tremendous privilege, and I would like to thank everyone who has watched and listened so loyally over the last 13 years."http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-bbc-resignation-statement
As expected Daily Mail readers are buzzing.

Ross left for more money and because he knows the writing's on the wall at the BBC with the incoming Tory governmentBe mindful that every time the press attack the BBC, it's not for a genuine moral outrage, it's because they are direct rivals of the BBC. Rupert Murdoch owns the Sun and happens to own Sky. DNG own the Daily Mail and are also in ITN and commercial radio. Every headline is in a paper with its own agenda.Thought tbh I think it'd be a better broadcaster if they didn't pay such huge salaries to Ross/Norton/etc to do 'primetime' shows, competing with ITV/CH4/Sky for viewers when it's not really what a public service broadcaster is forStill, the BBC >>>