The Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Sinister

ellie-goulding1-300x300.jpg
Goulding was studying drama at university when she struck upon the style that has made her the most hotly-tipped new artist on the music scene.Armed only with an acoustic guitar, she was struggling to find her voice. But after being introduced to a futuristic dance scene by a flatmate, she combined the two styles to create songs that are delicate and personal while also being cutting-edge and club-friendly.If Kate Bush, Bjork and Stevie Nicks shared a flat in trendy Shoreditch in 2010, this noise would emerge.But she is no wild and eccentric pop star. Raised in Herefordshire, she is as down-to-earth as they come. Rather than drink or drugs, her addiction of choice is jogging and she says the worst thing about becoming popular is that she cannot go for a run every day.She also talks with deep concern about dogs fouling in the park, cars failing to stop at zebra crossings and people pushing on the Tube. She is a very nice girl.Goulding dropped out of university to move to London and pursue music, but not before winning an award for "person most likely to have their name in lights"."Nobody really knew I was a singer at that point so I don't really know why I was given that," she says. "But it is interesting."
Her debut album, titled Lights, will be released through Polydor on 1st March, 2010. The first single to be directly taken from the album will be "Starry Eyed" released on 22nd February 2010. For the majority of the album, Goulding worked with English producer Starsmith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Navl4fYI-Zk

• 4 weeks later...

i like starry eyed a lot, actually find myself singing along to it. i also like the side little quiff she got going on in her hair ( random i know )

underneath the sheets was alright.

not really heard much more of her material , will try and hear some more tracks when i have time.

• 10 months later...
Guest Esquilax

sh*t

She sucked bare d*cks though so whatever

Where does this statement stem from?

/

I like her personally, nice unique voice.

What i heard when I was working 'in the industry'

Everyone seemed to say it so I can only assume it's true. Inhaling that A&R peen0r

I don't like her vocal style at all. She comes across badly in interviews.