Should there be a nation on stand by incase Africa becomes too unsafe in the summer?

Guest Tulse Hill

TBH its only because angloa are stupid this happened South Africa should be fine This wouldnt of happened if Angloa kept all the games in main provinceIts like is Israel hosting a tournament and having games on the gaza strip
And how the f*ck would you just swtich countries, surely financially (as they would have to refund a lot of money to thousands of fans etc) it would be impossible.

I think so, I think the same should apply in 2012 should Europe become unstable as well...

<_<

To be fair, europe has never encounterd shootings at a major event, considering blacks hate towards whites whats to say they wont organise a mass killing of european fans? security is about 20 years behind in technology and remains an unsafe area to hold millions of fans throughout the event, it will bring money to the econonmy yes but also danger.

Israeli olympic team in germany. Therefore I think this is a stupid idea.

Swear confederations cup went fine. Allow dis dumb ignorance.

and allow phil brown agreein with it

( http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8450088.stm )

"I am appalled. This throws a question mark against next summer's World Cup.

"You simply cannot put the safety of players, officials and fans at the slightest risk. That is totally unacceptable."

Ok i get the point about security not being right and organisation being a bit up in the air for the ACN

BUT

South Africa and Angola are two different countries, as someone said in another topic if there was an attack on Spain the January before the world cup is to be played In England, would there be talk of changoing continents

the only slightly positive thing about this is that hopefully FIFA will make checks on the security in place and also South Africa might increase what security they already wanted to have in place.

South Africa should be judged on its own merits and provisions.

I Agree

Munich 1972, how can i take this evidence seriously when Germany was still under dictatorship of Hitler.

Creasin

This question was bound to come up. To God I hope South Africa runs smoothly else Africa (they count it as a country) will be f*cked on that level

Munich 1972, how can i take this evidence seriously when Germany was still under dictatorship of Hitler.

Creasin

This question was bound to come up. To God I hope South Africa runs smoothly else Africa (they count it as a country) will be f*cked on that level

Very true.

The world cup can go a long way to changing some racial pre-conceptions, (as stupid as that appears to sound, it may actually happen)

Only read the title none of the thread

this whole south africa ting is a joke

where is the english cricket team now?

do they go there every year?

how often do u hear about violence?

where was the 1995 rugby world cup held?

how often did you hear about violence?

what about the british and irish lions when they play test matches against s.a how often you hear about these mad stories?

this is what pisses me off i am yet to hear a reporter mention this

if someone gets shot in poland should it mean england should not have the 2018 world cup (if they get it?)

I am a bit more worried about the tournements brazil will be hosting over the next 10 years

Only read the title none of the thread

this whole south africa ting is a joke

where is the english cricket team now?

do they go there every year?

how often do u hear about violence?

where was the 1995 rugby world cup held?

how often did you hear about violence?

what about the british and irish lions when they play test matches against s.a how often you hear about these mad stories?

this is what pisses me off i am yet to hear a reporter mention this

if someone gets shot in poland should it mean england should not have the 2018 world cup (if they get it?)

I am a bit more worried about the tournements brazil will be hosting over the next 10 years

Let me add

Angola is nowhere near SA so why are people on a hype

'Oh yeah Africa, its all the same, what a sh*t country'

Also you cant compare the ACN with the world cup. The world cup will obviously be better funded.

People should be more worried about London 2012. Terrorists are probably planning it out as we speak

SMH

t1larg.vests.worldcup..gi.jpg

UK firm slammed over World Cup 'stab vests' for fans

By Paul Armstrong, CNN

A London-based security clothing company has been blasted for marketing a "stab-proof vest" for football fans planning to visit this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

With as many as 50 South Africans in the nation of 49 million people killed daily, according to official government statistics, security has been a key issue for tournament organizers.

"We have shown our ability to safeguard events," Danny Jordaan, the CEO of South Africa's World Cup organizing committee, told CNN recently. "In 140 events since 1994 we've not seen a single incident. You could draw up a list of countries with that kind of record and find very few."

But Protektorvest, which sells its protective clothing online, said there was a high demand for personal protective clothing and there is no doubt that the risk is increasing at big events like the World Cup.

"Being a huge football fan I was planning my own journey to South Africa and came across a lot negative stories from friends living in Johannesburg and from the media," said owner Sascha Cutura.

"There was a story where a security company representing the German football team recommended that the team wear bullet-proof vests when moving outside the camp. This got me thinking about a solution for all people who feel extra personal protection is needed."

For around $70 Protektorvest offers fans a customized vest featuring their team's national flag or a slogan such as "Free Hugs." They will even deliver it free of charge to hotel rooms in Johannesburg and Pretoria.

But Mark Perryman of the London England Fans supporters' group, which represents thousands of fans traveling to the South Africa, dismissed the idea as "reckless, irresponsible and ill-informed."

He told CNN: "There's just been a very successful South African tour by England's cricket team accompanied by thousands of supporters and I've not seen a single story about fans being murdered, stabbed or car-jacked.

"Around 35,000 rugby fans also went there last year to follow the British Lions and there were no serious stories there either.

"Of course there is going to be the odd incident at any major sporting event but why is South Africa being demonized like this when it has successfully hosted a rugby world cup and a cricket world cup?

"I live in London which has its fair share of crime but I would be up in arms if an American company, for example, advertised stab vests for visitors planning to attend the 2012 Olympic Games."

He added that England supporters' groups have sought to allay any fears fans traveling to South Africa for the first time may have. "We receive regular updates from tournament organizers about security and are keeping in regular contact with the British Embassy and numerous South African charities involved with the event.

"But let's not forget South Africa has a huge tourism industry. Millions travel there without fear. This is an example of someone trying to make money by playing on people's fears."

The head of the South African Football Assciation Kirsten Nematandani told the country's Times newspaper "it was 'unfortunate' some foreign businesses had a negative outlook on South Africa and the safety and security of travelling fans."

He added: "These people are out of order and should be condemned by their own country's officials. We've never heard of such measures being taken before and there surely is no need for it."

:lol: