Serious Relapse 2 info!!!!!!

Teflon N West

http://musicouch.com/genres/hip-hop/...ming-in-march/"We are sticking by our guns when we say that Relapse 2 will be a more traditional hip hop album that tries to appeal to black people’s tastes when it comes to rap music. Eminem and Interscope realize that whites will buy Relapse 2 without hesitation. But Interscope is eyeing that black audience, and they pushed Eminem very hard to make Relapse 2 into something that blacks would find more appealing. I still think it would be a big mistake for Interscope to release the album as “Relapse 2″ because the album is substantially different from Relapse 1."

Got a topic already on "Relapse II" which continued on from "Relapse" I'm going for songs instead of one-liners. I don't want to make sh*t that you hear once and then the joke's over; I want to make records that you could play a hundred times, a thousand times."To that point, all of your albums have followed certain conventions as "Eminem albums," and though Relapse was well-received, "We Made You" was the first time that the funny-lead-single formula didn't fully connect.Eminem: Yeah, looking back on it now I don't know if that was 100 percent the way to go. I kind of liked the way the beat felt like it was slower in the chorus and then it sped up for the verses, but stepping back and looking at it as an average consumer or somebody who goes to a club, it might have been hard to figure out what the hell was going on in the song. On the other hand, it was the only option we had and the album might not even be out now if we hadn't found a song that was clean enough for radio. But am I going to go in that direction again? Probably not.

• 3 months later...