Dappy sends death threat to radio 1 listener

gemma

Dappy ‘Death Threat’ Scandal

Posted Fri 15 Jan 2010 12:14PM GMT by Dave Rumour in Snap, Crackle and Pop

Put Chris Moyles, N-Dubz and the BBC together and what have you got? A disaster waiting to happen, is what. That has to be the conclusion after the incomprehensibly popular, MOBO-winning hip-pop act appeared on the equally loathsome DJ's radio show this week and somehow ended up sending death threats to a listener. Frontman/chief clown Dappy is now embroiled in a controversy that could yet trump last year's calamitous "Sachsgate" fiasco for the broadcasting network.

He has apologised for his actions but could face criminal proceedings after Chloe Moody revealed how a jokey text enraged the singer so much that he threatened she would "never be left alone". On Wednesday, the 22-year-old was listening to Moyles, who invited people to text in about the band. She called them "losers" and Dappy a "vile little boy with a hat" but the message was not aired. However, Moody later noticed missed calls from an unknown number and then received the following text: "Your gonna die, U sent a very bad msg towards N Dubz on The Chris Moyels show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!! If u say sorry I will leave u alone u ****".

She was understandably outraged. "It's terrifying when anybody sends you a death threat, whether it's real or not. Somebody of a fragile mind and nervous would be worrying what they were going to do. His behaviour is unprofessional and I'm considering going to the police", said Moody, who has since received an apology from Dappy. "I called her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse for my behaviour. I'm genuinely sorry. I'd also like to send my sincerest apologies to Radio 1", he commented.

Inevitably, the BBC is once again underfire, after Moody's personal contact details were made available to Dappy and his hard-of-thinking, bad attitude. "He must have taken the number down from the production team's text console in the studio. We were unaware of this but will ensure it doesn't happen again", they explained. Surely the best way of doing that would be to ban N-Dubz from the whole network, which would also come as a great relief to the entire nation.

i hope chris moyles gets sacked (nothing to do with this particular incident) but i wish he was just gone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>>Chris Moyles

>>Dappy

Two of the most annoying people on earth

'Put Chris Moyles, N-Dubz and the BBC together and what have you got? A disaster waiting to happen, is what. That has to be the conclusion after the incomprehensibly popular, MOBO-winning hip-pop act appeared on the equally loathsome DJ's radio show'

I couldnt have said it better.

Good to see an article written by someone who has some sense for once.

After listening to the Chris Moyles show every day I actually dislike N Dubz less. I hate Chris Moyles though. Guy is far from funny. I only listen because I prefer talk radio and Kiss 100 play too much shitty music and don't talk enough but Chris Moyles is painfully unfunny. I thought he was supposed to be surly and rude!? What happened to that!? Did that go when he lost his top layer of fat? Yes, top layer. Allow people going on like he's a slim jim now.

I also hate Sarah Cox. She has to be the most patronising person on radio. Anytime someone calls in her tone of voice makes me want to punch her. She speaks to grown men and women like they're 6 year olds.

After listening to the Chris Moyles show every day I actually dislike N Dubz less. I hate Chris Moyles though. Guy is far from funny. I only listen because I prefer talk radio and Kiss 100 play too much shitty music and don't talk enough but Chris Moyles is painfully unfunny. I thought he was supposed to be surly and rude!? What happened to that!? Did that go when he lost his top layer of fat? Yes, top layer. Allow people going on like he's a slim jim now.

I also hate Sarah Cox. She has to be the most patronising person on radio. Anytime someone calls in her tone of voice makes me want to punch her. She speaks to grown men and women like they're 6 year olds.

Lucy Ambache and that Charlie from Kiss FM breakfast annoys me

Lucy Ambache and that Charlie from Kiss FM breakfast annoys me

I give Charlie a bly because I imagine she's buff. Not gonna google her though incase she disappoints. Googled that Becky from the Scott Mills show and almost had a heart attack!