TransferJet

Faisal

*Transfer

Last week at CES Sony finally brought a couple of products embedded with TransferJet technology that are ready for the market and for you to play with. TransferJet is a new Close Proximity Wireless Transfer Technology enabling the high speed transfer of large data files (photos, HD images, etc.) between electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras, digital video cameras, computers and TVs. Using this technology, data can be sent at speeds of 560Mbps. Here is a little recap for some of you who are not familiar with this amazing way of wirelessly transferring content from one device to another.

TransferJet is an extremely simple wireless technology which eliminates the need for complex setup and operation. For example, just touching a TV with a digital camera enables photos to be instantaneously displayed on the TV screen. Alternatively, downloaded music content can be easily enjoyed by touching a mobile phone to a portable audio player. TransferJet can be used as a Universal Interface among a wide variety of consumer electronics devices.

DSC00165-700x466.png

DSC00171-700x495.png

The last product that we checked out was a VAIO F series notebook with this techy embedded on its left-hand palm rest area (it so reminded me of Felica use on Japanese notebooks). It will work the same way, if you need to quickly transfer pics to your notebook without any USB wires. Again I have done it before with DLNA enabled notebook and my Wi-Fi Sony G1 and G3 cameras, however the speed and simplicity of TransferJet beats Wi-Fi solution.

This is serious, would love to sync tunes to my iPod this way.