Good Hair

Gunner

yh i watched an interview with him and nia long surrounding this documentary

we bought the topic up in my girls group who are all young ladies of colour

mixed responses, im yet to find someone who can give me a coherant response as to why they prefer long straight weave over their own natural unprocessed hair

also someone raised a very good point, man aswell

a hairdresser will wear gloves to apply relaxer to womans naked scalp

hey logic how u doing i heard uv been on vaccation?

Guest WAVESURFER

Just say black FFS

i dont need to use relaxer and stuff like that but i really do not look after my hair as well as i should

ive been dyeing it since i was young, straightners, curlers, weave etc

i glued in my hair extensions once, never again, i was left with proper thin patches of hair for ages it was horrible

saying that using weave isnt going to do me any good in the long run

man them did it too with the S curl and Jehri curls lol

then u got thos Brians and Drogbas out there in the world smh

but women are the most f*cked, Drobas mum was probs perming that sh*t when she was carrying him and it seeped into her womb, now her sons hooked on that creamy crack for life

it upsets me that one my girl is locked in a constant battle wiv her hair never allowing it to come out her head the way it wants to, whenever i say i think natural hair is beautiful i get told to do one, probly mostly cos my ex wifey who i still see is militant wiv her naps, i think she feels like im tryna turn her into her.

dunno i feel as the man in her life i shud be giving her confidence in her natural beauty but its deep and i feel out my depth when she says whats it got to do wiv u?

mixed responses, im yet to find someone who can give me a coherant response as to why they prefer long straight weave over their own natural unprocessed hair

also someone raised a very good point, man aswell

a hairdresser will wear gloves to apply relaxer to womans naked scalp

hey logic how u doing i heard uv been on vaccation?

lol. i was shocked when i watched it. i discovered that india arie's song: "im not my hair" doesnt apply in most cases for black women.

they ARE their hair, and its a serious identity issue. then you have the issue of how much is spent in the industry, and how much is owned by black pple in that industry. the 3rd issue is the fact that as most blk women i know seem to be somewhat "religious"

how do they sit with the fact that the hair they wear is hair sacrificed a god which to them they would call an idol.

its not a voluntary thing, but a sacrificial ceremony. these same women will be in church on sunday happily wearing their weave. :/

and the other part of where the hair comes from is not sacrifice is stolen from women like that guy described.