Dear electronics den

O.Man

I'm about to order a PC off of Dell, i thought i'd make a topic to see what you guys think about this and if you recommend anything else.

Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 530 (2.93GHz, 4MB)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit - English

4096MB Dual Channel DDR3 1066MHz [4x1024] Memory

640GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive

Nvidia ® GeForce G310 512MB graphics card

£479

Thanks in advance

Got two monitors, so i need the dedicated graphics card, but i just watch films and Internet really. Want it to last though, 4-5 years. Yeh i thought for the price the specs are good, its dell so paying for the windows and dell stuff, i'm guessing because i'm buying it from dell it got a hundred pound extra on it, but i think i would have more peace of mind with dell.

Got two monitors, so i need the dedicated graphics card, but i just watch films and Internet really. Want it to last though, 4-5 years. Yeh i thought for the price the specs are good, its dell so paying for the windows and dell stuff, i'm guessing because i'm buying it from dell it got a hundred pound extra on it, but i think i would have more peace of mind with dell.

Is that just for the TOWER alone?

And piece of mind and DELL don't go together at all.

Thanks for replies, i am feeling dodgey about dell now aswell. i am looking at this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMD-PHENOM-955-AM3-GAMING-PC-1TB-4GB-9800GT-1GB-GAL_W0QQitemZ140353629424QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_DesktopPCs?hash=item20adba6cf0

Millennium Computers on Ebay - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/millenium-computers/

Anyone dealt with These guys? Good bad?

The pc specs are -

AMD Phenom X4 955 3.2ghz AM3 4000MT/S

Hard Drive : 1tb 16mb Cache Serial ATA

Memory : 4gb DDR2 800 PC6400

Motherboard : Asrock K10N78-FullHD

Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1gb with HDMI Output

£443

I am going to check out the ebuyer option and also going to check out overclockers for the manual build option, thanks for that.

is computer fare cheaper than amazon/ebuyer etc?

cant say exactly but these man make these comps from scratch and you can bargain with them like my cousin got a free traveling case and like 50-60 off (its a recession these man are on a grind)

bargaining with them is the most important thing

if u got monitors already get a mac mini. i apologise for posting this suggestion in every single computer topic that comes up

He's getting a way better deal in terms of cost and parts than even your top range Mac Mini. Just a shame it's Dell who are supplying it.

wow im so f*ck*ng pissed off right now it's stupid

dell put that pc to 530

i should've just bought it, i rung up like blad last night it was 479 double-u tee eff mate???

he was like el oh el man es em haych you should've just bought it why was you waiting around

and im like pffft shutdaf*ckup you're dell mate i should look around

and hes like nuh uuuuh im like yuuuuh huhhh

• 2 weeks later...

i just ordered this from Dell

offers expire today

Intel Core i7-860 (2.80GHz, 8MB Cache)

3072MB RAM DDR3

500GB HDD

512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 (DVI, VGA,HDMI)

WIN 7 PROF

£516 minus £50 discount code = £457 Total inc VAT and Shipping

Base unit = http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=uk&cs=ukbsd1&l=en&oc=D024303&s=bsd&sbc=rf_spider&m_30=143659&dgc=AF&cid=5213&lid=122757&acd=0241d37f953764a9226aace225d100c6

Discount code is = G7FPTX83H50S17

Discount code expires today