XBOX Live at Internet Query

JGGB

We're at uni and can't set up a wireless network for XBL.

But my flatmate wants to be able to go on the net and play at the same time with only one ethernet port in our rooms.

Saw this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Doubler-10Base-T-Voice-Token/dp/B000I2JVRI 31Z1BJJSHEL._SL500_AA250_.jpg on amazon for £11 and says no loss of performance

And also this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0018MB95E/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=471057153&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000I2JVRI&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=022YQ9M47RDC5VBK0J69 41M6-UriI7L._SL75_.jpg for £2

Is it better to go for the more expensive one? Will we get disgusting lag when playing? Any help/ alternatives appreciated

my mate went and got the 2nd one and it didnt fit. kept falling out of the wall.

get the top one.

theres enough room so it fits in, and the weight of the other 2 ethers wont pull the end out of the wall

+ its a spliter ( i think) so it will share teh connection acordingly.

so if you aint d/ling at the same time, i guess it will be ok (depending on your speed)

* dont take my word for it.

Yeah it's plug in and play.

How much will that set me back? And how do I clone a mac address?

the router should have the function

can you plug any laptop in? or does it only work with your own? 'cause if it's any computer then you won't need to clone the MAC address

my wireless router costed me £12 from eBuyer, dunno how much a wired one would cost, just make sure it's a cable router not a ADSL router