intel i7

mathsboy

M8 Why get an i7 Now , Most people using i7's Dont use them to their full potential. Best thing to get now is a QuadCore 6GB- good quality ram , a GOOD soundcard , maybe and external 1 for music. and a Mid level Graphics Card.

Best to get a m8 who knows his sh*t to do 1 for u, as a retail music machine will cost u dough wen it dosent really have 2 b dat much , i was gonna get into dis sh*t but uni is longin it out.

Coming from a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.

I would go into depth but i dno how much u know and i wud be speaking in a diff language

M8 Why get an i7 Now , Most people using i7's Dont use them to their full potential. Best thing to get now is a QuadCore 6GB- good quality ram , a GOOD soundcard , maybe and external 1 for music. and a Mid level Graphics Card.

Best to get a m8 who knows his sh*t to do 1 for u, as a retail music machine will cost u dough wen it dosent really have 2 b dat much , i was gonna get into dis sh*t but uni is longin it out.

Coming from a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.

I would go into depth but i dno how much u know and i wud be speaking in a diff language

i7 is 2010 quad core is an older chip. Why go for an older model? doesnt make sense. I dont care if it costs a bit more Id rather it works and you get the support from buying retail. Its only 50 or 100 more.

i7 is Early 2009 bruv.

Your call m8 lol . U wont notice anything diffrent then if u bought a Quad. This is how we make money of people who dont listen and rush off buying somthing they dont need. Multi-threading is something u shud research

i7 is Early 2009 bruv.

Your call m8 lol . U wont notice anything diffrent then if u bought a Quad. This is how we make money of people who dont listen and rush off buying somthing they dont need. Multi-threading is something u shud research

as i said i dont mind paying abit more for retail i dont have anyone that can do it for me. If theres no difference why would intel come out with a newer chip what are you talking about? Its designed to offer better performance why are you telling me to go for a lower spec chip? I want the best performance

Its designed for what better performance . I shouldnt even have this debate. As i said read into multi threading.

there will be a chip next year and the year after . 5 years from now The i7 will be used at its full potential its like buying a 150mph car that is capable of doing 200mph just that u dno how to drive it m8.

Okay Go for the i7 whatever .. your activities on the machine wont even scratch the surface of its potential. WASTE OF MONEY ..

Ermm.. search about custom built i7 in google should find some good stuff

Its designed for what better performance . I shouldnt even have this debate. As i said read into multi threading.

there will be a chip next year and the year after . 5 years from now The i7 will be used at its full potential its like buying a 150mph car that is capable of doing 200mph just that u dno how to drive it m8.

Okay Go for the i7 whatever .. your activities on the machine wont even scratch the surface of its potential. WASTE OF MONEY ..

Ermm.. search about custom built i7 in google should find some good stuff

how do you know i wont scratch the surface? Audio does take up a lot of bandwidth so it requires a high performance chip. You are sounding patronising by saying i dunno how to drive it.

Just buy the dam ting man , i advise people everyday . you are no diffrent 2 any other producer/video maker thats asked me 4 advice.

Real talks go 4 the i7 then jus make sure where ever u buy it from everything else is top knotch a processor is nothing without a good sound card in ur scenario .

My bad if i come across patronising its jus long wen im tryna explain suttin in my line of profession and stubborn people tink they know wats good.

Just make sure u get a good soundcard

Just buy the dam ting man , i advise people everyday . you are no diffrent 2 any other producer/video maker thats asked me 4 advice.

Real talks go 4 the i7 then jus make sure where ever u buy it from everything else is top knotch a processor is nothing without a good sound card in ur scenario .

My bad if i come across patronising its jus long wen im tryna explain suttin in my line of profession and stubborn people tink they know wats good.

Just make sure u get a good soundcard

its not even the soundcard that matters. that can be upgraded later on. Its the OS and other software and quality of components, tahts what i need advice on. No point having 6GB RAM if your windows is 32 bit, that will be the bottleneck.

There u go again , how can u say the sound card dont matter?? u gna use a stock sound card ?? and i never said anything about OS thats why i mentiond ram . Bruv the first place to look is PROCESSOR , SOUND CARD , MOTHERBOARD for music

You can get a good quality sound card like M audio for 50 quid. The main pc will cost 1500 quid, so soundcard doesnt come into play really. How much could you do a i7 then tell me the specs and price?

i cant think of specs at the minute . but the i7(Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor) will come to £200 min , For a good quality rig . i wud say about 400 more and that would last a while . Your best of buying a custom build from overclockers or novatech . there trusted. anything of those sites are fully built with warranty and i would cop myself. then choose a sound card from dv247

Hope dat hepled to give u an idea

Guest luckstar

i madea thread a while ago wonderin on whether 2get a mac or pc

in the end i went 4 a pc

macs are jus absurdly overrated and expensive ... almost doubly expensive...

why do it to yourself when windows 7 is just as good

what difference does a good sound card actually make to a standard one - wont u need new speakers which can actuallly pllay ithe sounds... i.e. when i download films from the net screeners or dvds or even mp3s none of them actually are played in 7.1 are they... i only have 5.1 speakers and the sound only comes out the back when i split it basicaly jus mimicing surround surround its not proper

anyway maths boy in answer to ur question i got a i7 .2.8 processor... 8 gig of ram.. 550 psu motherboard - i was told this was adequate ... 7.1 sound card jus the standard one i dnt know much about this snhit... ati radeon 5770 graphics card.... all for 1 grand pretty much with a 24 inch screen.

Its all about quality of sound coming OUT of the pc NOT speakers . if u go over to the production side of this forum i garuntee a few of them have experienced a crackling sound. This is due to the sounds in the pc tryna get out at once , stressing the music card. thats why u can neva be taken seriously with a stock card . By the time uv reached like 10 sounds being used ull hear the crackly sound.

btw MACS r 100% better for music production then windows.theres a reason most proffesional studios use them. If your worried about using FL on it There are ways. Just have to look into it

Afghoon yeah ur pc sounds good , i mean maths boy could get 1 like yours just that the SOUND will struggle.

If your serious get this http://www.dv247.com/synergy/buy/origin-aw700 or a G5

Depending on whether or not you want to use Cubase or Logic ...

Id recommend logic/mac G5 because you can start making choons straight out the box.

As for the sound card vs Speaker debate Both are equally as important

Speakers give you an accurate depiction of sound and a soundcard gives you the Quality.