Haye v Ruiz / Klitschko c Chambers

The King

Heavyweight champion David Haye will make the first defence of his WBA title against John Ruiz exclusively live on Sky Box Office on Saturday, April 3. Haye (23-1 21KOs), who sensationally beat Nikolai Valuev in November 2009 to gain the WBA title will face the experienced former two-time WBA champion at Manchester's MEN Arena, on Easter Saturday.American Ruiz, known as the Quiet Man, has enjoyed mixed fortunes at the top of the division with victories over Evander Holyfield and Hasim Rahman as well as losses to Valuev and Roy Jones Jnr. "I'm over the moon about having the fight in the UK and on Sky Box Office," said Haye."It's been 10 years since the heavyweight championship has been fought in Britain and everyone knows I had to go to Germany to take the title away from Nikolai Valuev. "Now it's time to showcase my skills again in front of the great British public."And I'm delighted to have the fight at Manchester's MEN Arena. I've been there on many nights to watch Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, even Mike Tyson, and the atmosphere was always tremendous."I'm looking forward to getting back to what I do best - throwing my trademark Hayemakers. Ruiz is a come-forward fighter so I aim to get at him, break him down, and take him out in good style." American giants Golden Boy Promotions promote both the champion and challenger, and none other than Oscar de la Hoya himself believes Haye is the man to re-ignite the heavyweight division. "With his explosive fighting style, heart, youth and charisma, David Haye is the most exciting heavyweight in the world," said de la Hoya. "On the other hand, John Ruiz is a very experienced fighter that knows what it takes to dominate in the heavyweight division and to win when it counts in a big fight. I expect a great fight that fight fans shouldn't miss."
/
World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko will defend his title against American Eddie Chambers in Dusseldorf in March. The highly-anticipated fight is due to take place on March 20 at the 51,000-seater Esprit Arena.The 33-year-old Ukrainian has not been in the ring competitively since he defeated Ruslan Chagaev by technical knockout last June. With Klitschko going up against an opponent six years his junior and with just one defeat on his record, many believe this will be one of his toughest challenges yet.ChallengingKlitschko currently holds the WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight belts and has openly admitted that he is looking forward to fighting Chambers, who he believes is currently the best American in the heavyweight division.He said: "Chambers is clearly the best heavyweight boxer in the United States and is for good reason ranked top."The fight will take place in a gigantic stadium and I am already looking forward to it."While Klitschko will be heading into the bout as firm favourite, Chambers is optimistic about his chances and feels he could cause a big upset.He says: "Klitschko may be the favourite but I know what I am capable of and I will take a belt collection back home."