Teen stabs father over 'FIFA' argument

Hank Moody

An Italian teenager reportedly stabbed his father with a 40cm blade after the pair had an argument over a game of FIFA 2009.

The 16-year-old - known only as Mario - took a kitchen knife and inflicted a deep cut to the throat of Fabrizio R. after he switched off the television following the debate.

The disagreement was reportedly sparked when Mario rejected his father's tactical advice, Reuters reports.

The teen's 46-year-old mother Monica B told Il Corriere della Sera: "I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife.

"Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

She added of the football game, a recent birthday gift: "Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games."

Police said that Mario shut himself in the bedroom after the stabbing and did not try to resist his arrest by officers.

yeh sleepz had to neg you there cos the joke was like a masterball in the pokemon game. you could only ever use it once.

/

more so that is downright madness, stabbing your parent you know. more so over a game smh at the times we are living in. im awaiting some sort of kurious type rant about babylon corrupting the minds soon