Tablet Thread (Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak etc)

jcee

apple-creation-0096-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0097-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0105-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0107-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0113-rm-eng.jpg

"Way better than a laptop, way better then a phone. You can turn it any way you want. To see the whole page is phenomenal."

10:11AM "So, gonna give you a little overview. It's very thin -- you can change the homescreen to whatever you want. What this device does is extraordinary. You can browse the web with it. It's the best web experience you've ever had."

"Album, photos... you can look at all of them, flick through them, it's a wonderful way to share. Calendar... months..." The interface really does look like an exploded iPhone.

apple-creation-0117-rm-eng.jpg

"And it's awesome to watch movies and TVs... let's take a look at the device." Demo time!

apple-creation-0121-rm-eng.jpg

Slide to unlock screen just like the iPhone. "This is the lock screen -- icons fly in. Let's go right to the web..." Apple.com -- Bookmarks drop down from a bunch of contextual menus up top.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

• Downvote 1

Apple iSlate pricing leaked before Apple announcement?

Posted by Michael Sawh on Tue 26 Jan 2010

Apple Tablet could be joining forces with T-Mobile...

Apple's ‘latest creation’ may be just a day away, but some are seemingly struggling to keep quiet about the rumoured Tablet. A German electronics retailer apparently leaked, via Twitter, pricing and a launch date for the Apple iSlate in Europe.

Media Markt, the Tweeting culprit in question, revealed into the microblogging-sphere that the iSlate would cost 499 Euros on a T-Mobile contract, or 899 Euros without. Using our powers of conversion, that would be around £436 with contract and a whopping £786 without.

The tweet, which has since been deleted, also claimed that the device would go on sale on March 1st, which would be swift action on Apple's part, given that they'll need to guarantee enough iSlate's to meet the innevitably huge demand.

Whether this is just another chunk of lies to add to the heaving rumour pile or actually a rare slither of truth, we don't have long to wait to find out. Either way, the idea of paying just under £800 for a tablet - when the fully fledged Apple comps don't cost much more - makes us wonder what it's really going to be capable of...

they can get the f*ck outta here if these prices are true

crazy thing is people are actually going to buy it

Guest Triple XXX

lol its true bare heads would buy it apple has these guys on lock

them prices are not the one

really do not see the point

imma jus post this up again cos i swear when i get one ill marry it, its that sweet

look at how sweet it looks, the form factor jus fits perfectly in the hand

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice n shiny aswell

price better be good

499 are you taking the piss..

Or an even in depth break down it will be like..

• 16GB WiFi only $499, WiFi + 3G $629
  • 32GB WiFi only $599, WiFi + 3G $729
  • 64GB WiFi only $699, WiFi + 3G $829

HP and Microsoft need to hurry and quash this sh*t.

its a piece bigger dan i thought aswell, but still, give me a logic pro app, and let me plug in my usb controller an im good

It's going to run like an oversized iPod Touch.