Tablet Thread (Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak etc)

jcee

8 Things That Suck About the iPad

My god, am I underwhelmed by the iPad. This is as inessential a product as I've ever seen, but beyond that, it has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make me judge anyone who buys one.

Big, Ugly Bezel

Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking

This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras

No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard

So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI/HD Video Out

Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad

Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash

No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters

So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

apple's first major flop imo. lol@ bye bye newspapers

yeah.. people are gonna abandon free newspapers online and spend $499 to buy a machine to read them

It's not their 1st major flop. But let's see how it does.

Pointless product for the moment,i've seen friends trying to justify buying one since yesterday and you just know that the UK will get screwed on the price.

I think this video sums up the Ipad and it's problems perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4&feature=player_embedded

Saying that though it will probably sell very well as it's new and it's from Apple, but smart people never buy the first version of anything Apple.

313hpi8.jpg

lol

Pointless product for the moment,i've seen friends trying to justify buying one since yesterday and you just know that the UK will get screwed on the price.

I think this video sums up the Ipad and it's problems perfectly

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Saying that though it will probably sell very well as it's new and it's from Apple, but smart people never buy the first version of anything Apple.

lol

if anything, it will encourage proper pc manufacturers to start developing proper tablet PC's, with more functionality and better spec'd than this. Apple just quick to coin the 1st and pioneer this movement.

then when popular They release the new and improved version like they did with going from the Iphone 3g to a Iphone 3gS. The hype over adding an "S" and ability to now cut, copy and paste or add a camera etc...

Can only rate Apple's hustle and Domination of the Marketing game.

I'm not impressed with this device though, Just a Massive "Ipod Touch"

Can only rate Apple's hustle and Domination of the Marketing game.

I'm not impressed with this device though, Just a Massive "Ipod Touch"

Their marketing game is sick.

I know it must drive the other manufactures mad,here's a product that has half the usability of other tablet based products but because of the Apple marketing machine people will buy in their droves.

I know Apple want to place this as their response to the Netbook but this is an insult :lol:

This is what i hoped Apple would have been doing with their Tablet

Can only rate Apple's hustle and Domination of the Marketing game. I'm not impressed with this device though, Just a Massive "Ipod Touch"
Their marketing game is sick. I know it must drive the other manufactures mad,here's a product that has half the usability of other tablet based products but because of the Apple marketing machine people will buy in their droves. I know Apple want to place this as their response to the Netbook but this is an insult laugh.gif This is what i hoped Apple would have been doing with their Tablet

in all fairness a 3rd party developer could create app like this  for the ipad/iphone/itouch and purchased from the app store etc.. But I see what ur gettin at still in terms of an operating system.

Guest Triple XXX

the MS courier looks ite still

The unit will contain two multi-touch screens that face each other in a book form factor, and will utilize a stylus and finger touch for input. The device is hinged like a book, with the seven-inch screens facing each other when the "book" is closed. A 3-megapixel digital camera with 4x zoom is integrated into the prototype system

thats pretty nice, will need to see more on this, bet itll b expensive as f*ck aswell