Tablet Thread (Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak etc)

jcee

"YOU'RE ALL LOSERS...YOU THINK UR COOL BECAUSE YOU BUY A 500 DOLLAR PHONE WITH A PICTURE OF A FRUIT ON IT...WELL GUESS WHAT THEY COST 8 BUCKS TO MAKE AND I PEE ON EVERY ONE...I HAVE MADE A FORTUNE OFF YOU CHUMPS AND IVE INVESTED IT ALL ON MICROSOFT NOW MY BOYFRIEND BILL GATES KISS EACH OTHER ON A PILE OF YOUR MONEY"
  • Upvote 3

Guest M12 Part 2

i think the ipad is a silly idea tbh. but some people are too anti-apple.

Macbook Pro >>>> laptop

Iphone>>>any other phone

I dont own a macbook and i can see that.

• Upvote 1

Macbook Pro >>>> laptop

Iphone>>>any other phone

I think that the iphone is the best phone out. I think the macbooks have some advantages over a laptop (better for media work etc etc), but they also have their own advantages (MS office being better etc etc). I like apple, I'd buy a laptop & a macbook for different reasons, but this ipad is just..............hype. People like Esquilax & Kaygee are thee definition of sheep, making up dead excuses to buy a product they do not need.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

Macbook Pro >>>> laptop

Iphone>>>any other phone

I think that the iphone is the best phone out. I think the macbooks have some advantages over a laptop (better for media work etc etc), but they also have their own advantages (MS office being better etc etc). I like apple, I'd buy a laptop & a macbook for different reasons, but this ipad is just..............hype. People like Esquilax & Kaygee are thee definition of sheep, making up dead excuses to buy a product they do not need.

but you can get MS Office on a Macbook. You can even run Windows on Macbooks these days

I don't get who it's aimed at other than people who like the cool factor.

For business people it is no good because you can't run more than one app at a time and as a replacement for a laptop it's pointless because it doesn't support flash, I just don't see the point of it over an ipod touch or an iphone.

dude u delusional, this thing has changed the game for the netbook market , for the better, its easy to read a newspaper in the morning, quick to write and check your e-mail, play a game or watch a movie on plane, easy web browsing. The quality of the screen enables you to watch movies more clearly. Next yr it will be able to run more than one app at a time. Business people especially marketing/design and stock brokers will embrace this product,

if the ipad is too expensive for you wait for android tablet, don’t buy a tablet running windows 7, and if do decide to buy a ipad buy next yr

Delusional how?

Easy access to email, easy browsing and watching movies aren't impressive to me in 2010. How can it replace netbooks for business when it doesn't have basic features such as a webcam (video conferencing), the ability to use CDs/usb sticks/hard drives etc.

Why next year until it can multi task like it's a mind blowing feature to look forward to, taking people for PS3 owners with that bullshit.

Apple take the piss and people like you swallow their bullshit, when they add features like a camera and a usb slot to the ipad V2 people will be going crazy at how much they've improved when in truth they're giving you wtf you should have got for £600 in the first place.

my response was based on u stating that businesses will not have no use for it ,and me responding that it has many uses for busniess people , i admit the ipad has its faults but tell me of any better tablet out at the moment. apple not releasing features that should be on the first gen and releasing on the next gen is how they make money. IT MAKES BUSINESS SENSE why give it all at once when you can make more money in the long run.

http://news.bbc.co.u...00/10180016.stm

lol@ all the its good for business people talk. are you being for real? its easy to read a newspaper? REALLY???

HOW MUCH DOES A NEWS PAPER COST NOW? LESS THAN A POUND, OR FREE

HOW MUCH WILL THE E-NEWSPAPER COST ON THE IPAD? 9.99/ MONTH SUBSCRIPTION :lol:

HOW MUCH DO BOOKS COST ON AVG? A TENNER. HOW MUCH WILL THEY COST ON THE IPAD? 15-20.00

YOU CANT USE THE IPAD IN THE SUN AS VISIBILITY IS TERRIBLE..SO f*ck TAKING OUTSIDE TO USE.

YOU CANT USE FLASH, YOU CANT USE MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION AT A TIME..

THE LIST IS ENDLESS. THE IPAD IS A GLORIFIED TOY FOR COMPLETE IDIOTS. QUEIING OUTSIDE CAMPING TO BUY AN IPAD THAT APPLE HAS ORCHESTRATED SCARCITY TO FAKE A HIGH DEMAND. THING WILL BE AVAILABLE IN 2 WEEKS AND SOME EEEDJAT IS CAMPING OUTSIDE TO MAKE A BILLIONAIRE EVEN RICHER.

A FOOL WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A FOOL.

Do the capital letters symbolize u shouting ^) , to answer your question amazon who sell the kindle recognise the huge gains by starting to sell their ebooks on the ipad market, I recognise that the ipad will kill the ebook reader market. If you spend lots of time reading ebooks why buy the sony or amazon reader when you can buy the ipad which has a huge ebook collection, and when bored u can easily entertain yourself with the thousand apps available

The users interface brings a new dynamic when reading the paper, instead of walking to the corner store to get the paper, u have the new york times app thats more user friendly than their actual website.

The easy use of the ipad makes it easy for anyone to use, even your mother can use it. we can argue back fourth about the ipad, we have to disagree to agree, but the ipad is here to stay

Guest M12 Part 2

and for everyone saying u cant use more than one application at once. you will be able to. the next software update includes multi-tasking. so iphones and ipads will have more than one app running at once.

Macbook Pro >>>> laptop

Iphone>>>any other phone

but you can get MS Office on a Macbook. You can even run Windows on Macbooks these days

Have you noticed how stripped down MS Office is yeah?

Guest M12 Part 2

Macbook Pro >>>> laptop

Iphone>>>any other phone

Have you noticed how stripped down MS Office is yeah?

i dont know what version you're running but the ones ive been on have been exactly the same as the one on my laptop

The reason they sell is because the look 'fancy' and 'trendy' and most people that buy wouldn't have a clue what a semi conductor is.

Apples hardware is nothing to brag about, they are all designed to be synced with all their hardware hence the same people with ipods, iphones, macbook will rush out and buy it.

Its bait apple intentially left out the camera/usb ready for their 2nd generation Ipads.

I remember winning an Ipod nano on facebook last year. I gave that straight to the missus, have no real use for it.

I'm not anti-Apple. I have an iPod and love it. But I've read this whole thread and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what it does that makes it better than having a laptop and smartphone. Please. I'm not passionate about this, I just want to understand. Why get it? If you have a laptop and an iPhone you can do every thing it can do and more. Carrying it instead of either of those two things will leave with less capablities and absolutely no added features.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to me to be the most redundant thing that has ever come out. I understand that some people have got caught up in the madness and want one but can anyone explain to me why you want one over a laptop (which would be cheaper) other than because Apple told you that you want one?

• Upvote 2