The Depressed Lounge

Guest Tulse Hill

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger doesn't believe a trophyless season is badIt's not always about silverware for the Gunners boss...Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes finishing in the top three in the Premier League is a tougher task than winning a cup.The Emirates Stadium chief told Arsenal's official website that he isn't always disappointed to finish a season without silverware, as long as his side achieve a top three finish in the league."I want to win trophies and, like the fans, I'm frustrated if I don't," he said. "But a season does not go from fantastic to zero. A season in the English league, when you fight with Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa, to finish in the top three is still not a disaster."It's not enough because you want to win trophies. But it doesn’t say: 'oh what a terrible season that was.' We've just qualified from the group stage in the Champions League for the tenth consecutive season.""That is, for me, three times as difficult as winning the League Cup five times. I know what's difficult and what's not difficult."The Arsenal boss also stated that the League Cup, a competition he has been accused of disrespecting in the past, is not something he considers a trophy.He added: "It's very important that we win something, we're here to win trophies, but it depends on what you call trophies."Is it the Champions League, the Premier League, the League Cup? If you win the League Cup you cannot say you win trophies for me."The Gunners boss has won seven major honours in his time at Arsenal but has never captured the League Cup. His side have made the final on just one occasion, which they lost 2-1 to Chelsea in 2007.Arsenal must win either the Champions League or the Premier League this season to end a barren run of five years without a trophy.

Guest Tulse Hill
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger doesn't believe a trophyless season is badIt's not always about silverware for the Gunners boss...Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes finishing in the top three in the Premier League is a tougher task than winning a cup.The Emirates Stadium chief told Arsenal's official website that he isn't always disappointed to finish a season without silverware, as long as his side achieve a top three finish in the league."I want to win trophies and, like the fans, I'm frustrated if I don't," he said. "But a season does not go from fantastic to zero. A season in the English league, when you fight with Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa, to finish in the top three is still not a disaster."It's not enough because you want to win trophies. But it doesn’t say: 'oh what a terrible season that was.' We've just qualified from the group stage in the Champions League for the tenth consecutive season.""That is, for me, three times as difficult as winning the League Cup five times. I know what's difficult and what's not difficult."The Arsenal boss also stated that the League Cup, a competition he has been accused of disrespecting in the past, is not something he considers a trophy.He added: "It's very important that we win something, we're here to win trophies, but it depends on what you call trophies."Is it the Champions League, the Premier League, the League Cup? If you win the League Cup you cannot say you win trophies for me."The Gunners boss has won seven major honours in his time at Arsenal but has never captured the League Cup. His side have made the final on just one occasion, which they lost 2-1 to Chelsea in 2007.Arsenal must win either the Champions League or the Premier League this season to end a barren run of five years without a trophy.
:D

Stopped reading after first line! :D :D :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Abou Diaby sustained knee ligament damage against Porto on Wednesday.The French midfielder picked up the knock during Arsenal's disappointing 2-1 defeat at Estadio do Dragao.The Gunners are yet to determine the full severity of the problem, but accept that the 23-year-old could be set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.Diaby's setback has been offset by positive news regarding Alex Song's fitness, but Wenger is still expecting to be short on numbers for Saturday's home date with Sunderland.He told Arsenal TV Online: "We lost Abou Diaby last night [at Porto]. It is not understandable. I don't know how it worked. But he has a medial knee ligament injury."We discovered it today (Thursday). He came in today and he had pain in his knee."However Song could be available, we have a test tomorrow on him."I don't know about (Manuel) Almunia, we'll have a test tomorrow on him too. I'd say Song is 80 per cent to be back in the squad, Almunia is 50/50, but Diaby is zero."(Andrey) Arshavin, (William) Gallas and Eduardo will still be out."SupportShould Almunia fail to shake off an injury to his hand, Lukasz Fabianksi is likely to provide cover once more between the sticks.The Pole endured a torrid night in Portugal in midweek, putting through his own net and conceding the free-kick from which Porto grabbed their second, and there was a fear his confidence could be shattered.However, his team-mates retain complete faith in his ability, with club captain Cesc Fabregas insisting Fabianski is a more than competent shot-stopper."He is a very good keeper," said the Spaniard."He had his chance and sometimes it doesn't go your way."But we will stand up and support him until the end because he is a good character and I am sure he will be back."Fabregas added: "Lukasz is strong and we have to be there for him. Sometimes when you are young in a big game, these things happen to you."
ffs