Shipping duties, taxes and levies

Queen Bee

ok ive never ordered anything from overseas before, and i know how much the shipping fees are, but then theres all the other charges

is it the same whatever the item is, or how much the item costs or does it depend on other things

i am baffled by the whole thing, can someone explain it to me please in simpleton terms

i dont wanna get stitched up and end up paying 50 quid just to get something sent overseas

thats what i was worried about, i dont want to get a massive bill a few weeks after its arrived. ill have to send them an email or something coz it doesnt have proper details on the website just says depends on ur country

thanks guys

Also depends on shipping company. DHL will more than likely want their change for her her majesty's plesure.

Whilst other companies like EMS of which I used a week back from some goods from Charlie Wong passed through. Even though customs held it for 3 days.

It's up to the company unless they give you several options for international shipping.

If it's declared over the value of £18.00 you'll be hit with charges. It's usually VAT + the shipping companies handling fee. Royal Mail I think is £8.00. Then you have Parcelforce who slap a £13.50 handling charge on top of the VAT. USPS and EMS usually get picked up by Royal Mail. If it's an express shipping option (2-3 days) Parcelforce usually handle it. Fedex and UPS pay the customs charge for you. UPS will request the payment when delivering your package. Fedex will send you a letter a month later.

Most companies state gift, ordered Karmaloop and didnt have to pay charges

i ordered from karmaloop and i had to pay shipping as usual.. and then a few days later i get a bill from dhl demanding more money.. pisstake. that was a couple years ago, haven't ordered since..

karmaloop lol

dont they sell clothes in UK?

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...