Getting started...

zoot

Recently joined the gym at college and im planning to go either 3 or 4 times a week for 1-hour sessions.I'm willing to give products like creatine/protein shakes a try, although I dont know much about them. I don't want anything that is going to make me put on extra weight thoguh as I am overweight.Can anyone reccomend a good kinda weights routine to follow and some links to good products.

im assuming you want to lose weight & tone up?do a full body routine 3 times a week, with cardio on your off days or straight after your weights. cardio doesnt have to be running all the time (swimming, stationary bike). in the near future you might want to try hiit.i wouldn't recommend fat burners, buy a whey protein shake. i'd recommend reflex instant whey (low in calories & high in protein)and most of all eat healthy, keep the junk food to once a week (preferably saturdays)
Safe, will probably give this a try. How often should you drink one of these shakes?

• 2 weeks later...
Also lookin 2 join gym at college/what you lot gotta say bout these weight/muscle gainer powder things?do they work? and how fast?
they only work if you've got a proper diet and rest.i wouldn't even recommend wasting money on weigt gainers, just make your using whey protein.
oh, imma try it out daily for a month see if it works