Mayweather Vs Mosley

Flojo

Floyd Mayweather's bout with Shane Mosley is set to go ahead on May 1 in Las Vegas after the six-time world champion signed the contract on Wednesday.In a statement released by Swanson Communications, Mayweather confirmed he would take on Mosley at Las Vegas' MGM Grand.With Mosley already having signed the papers, Mayweather's signature was the final piece in the jigsaw.The 32-year-old welterweight said: "This one is definitely for the fans as I wasn't going to waste anyone's time with a meaningless tune-up bout and asked to fight Shane immediately."I have said ever since I came back to the sport that I only wanted to fight the best. I think Shane is one of the best, but come May 1, he still won't be great enough to beat me."Mosley was delighted to have the final details confirmed and predicted he would have little trouble inflicting the first defeat of Mayweather's career."I have always wanted to fight Floyd and now it is finally coming true," he said."I am already in great shape and ready to show everyone on May 1 that I am stronger, faster and better than he is. I will have no problem beating him."
Hyped for this, predictions?I envisage that Mayweather wins this by UD basically doing what he does, I don't think Mosley will be able to close off the ring efficiently enough to put it on Floyd.
  • Upvote 1

if people had sense they would leave the Arena empty for this fight in a direct attempt to tell Floyd that He should be fighting Pac.the fans want that fight and Boxing needs it.
Oh f*ck right off! This has worked out perfectly. I'd rather see Mosley-Mayweather followed by May-Pac, than the other way around.This is for the fans. The way it should have been if Mayweather didnt opt for Marquez like a p*ssy in the first place.Like I said in the Pac-Clottey thread, sod's law will mean Pac loses to Clottey, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm torn, want Mosley to f*ck him up difffffffffffffffferently. Knock man down at least 2, buss up mans face... allsorts (May's defence is too good for that but one can hope). On the other hand I want Pacman to do the same thing in return for the complete disrespect and defamation May showed him.If May beats, and he can, both of them I'll feel a void in my life on levels near to those I felt when MJ died. No hype. Hate himDeep down I do reckon Mosley will lose. I'm hoping its the Mosley who fought Margarito. That f*cker was possessed! Also hoping there isnt a Joe Cortez wannabe in there as its in Mosley's best interest to make this physical.
  • Upvote 1

if people had sense they would leave the Arena empty for this fight in a direct attempt to tell Floyd that He should be fighting Pac.the fans want that fight and Boxing needs it.
Oh f*ck right off! This has worked out perfectly. I'd rather see Mosley-Mayweather followed by May-Pac, than the other way around.This is for the fans. The way it should have been if Mayweather didnt opt for Marquez like a p*ssy in the first place.
You honestly think it makes sense to come off a near 2 year break and fight Mosley?

Oh f*ck right off! This has worked out perfectly. I'd rather see Mosley-Mayweather followed by May-Pac, than the other way around.This is for the fans. The way it should have been if Mayweather didnt opt for Marquez like a p*ssy in the first place.
You honestly think it makes sense to come off a near 2 year break and fight Mosley?
Maybe not but its what I wanted. Its working out right anyway so minor

• 1 month later...

Them face to face things are decent, havent seen one since the Mosley - Berto fight before that got cancled...Will HBO be doing a 24/7 for this fight does anyone know?*pos's Scar H for sig**edit*Shane looks like Floyds bitch in this face to face, trying to impress him and sh*t then Floyd telling him what to do..

That face off ting was sick! Mayweather isnt the biggest draw in boxing though, Pacman isShane came across like he was showing respect to Mayweather rather than talking trash. Maybe its because its Mayweathers game but May kindve handled him

That face off ting was sick! Mayweather isnt the biggest draw in boxing though, Pacman isShane came across like he was showing respect to Mayweather rather than talking trash. Maybe its because its Mayweathers game but May kindve handled him
PPV figures say otherwise

IMO vs. Gatti & vs. DLH were big fights that people were interested in. I'll give it to himthat he sold them - with his mouth though, not his fists. Without 24/7 + the big talk against Gatti who was the bigger fighter, then against the Golden boy, he would still be that Floyd guy no one really cared about. Gatti and DLH were already big/big enough PPV drawsMay's highly anticipated return did less on PPV than Pacman vs Cotto (2 non-Yanks). Pacman then moved on to sell 51k seats at Dallas Cowboys stadium whilst Floyd fights in front of 15k in Vegas in a bigger fight. May-Mos should sell more PPVs than Pac as its 2 American fighters vs 2 non-Yanks.I hear what youre saying, he has been apart of the biggest PPVs, but thats stats to make something look a certain why IMO. You get what I'm saying?

IMO vs. Gatti & vs. DLH were big fights that people were interested in. I'll give it to himthat he sold them - with his mouth though, not his fists. Without 24/7 + the big talk against Gatti who was the bigger fighter, then against the Golden boy, he would still be that Floyd guy no one really cared about. Gatti and DLH were already big/big enough PPV drawsMay's highly anticipated return did less on PPV than Pacman vs Cotto (2 non-Yanks). Pacman then moved on to sell 51k seats at Dallas Cowboys stadium whilst Floyd fights in front of 15k in Vegas in a bigger fight. May-Mos should sell more PPVs than Pac as its 2 American fighters vs 2 non-Yanks.I hear what youre saying, he has been apart of the biggest PPVs, but thats stats to make something look a certain why IMO. You get what I'm saying?
I get what you mean but on common opponents Mayweather has outsold Pac against JMM, DLH and Hatton.Cotto vs Pac is better comparable to PBF v Mosley so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Most fights will stay in Vegas because they generate more money.Mayweather is the bigger draw which ironically is partly due to how much he's hated, some people want to see him lose so badly they will buy his fight in the hope it happens.

I get what you mean but on common opponents Mayweather has outsold Pac against JMM, DLH and Hatton.Cotto vs Pac is better comparable to PBF v Mosley so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Most fights will stay in Vegas because they generate more money.Mayweather is the bigger draw which ironically is partly due to how much he's hated, some people want to see him lose so badly they will buy his fight in the hope it happens.
Good points, I never thought of it that way.For sure, 24/7 turned him into a superstar

There are other explanations as to why Floyd did bigger ppv numbers vs. Oscar, JMM & Hatton than simply Mayweather being a bigger draw then Pacquiao. This argument just goes round in circles though.

There are other explanations as to why Floyd did bigger ppv numbers vs. Oscar, JMM & Hatton than simply Mayweather being a bigger draw then Pacquiao. This argument just goes round in circles though.
tbh and I couldnt be arsed. Both DLH and Hatton werent the same, but more Hatton. Hatton was undefeated, more argument on the DLH side that he was passed it way before May. Both Pac and JMM werent well known at the time, whereas May had JMM as his comeback fight. It could have been anyone decent in there, the figures would have been similar. Pac didnt really have that big-name until he beat DLH to regular Joe. I'd say they are same level now in status now. Pac from DLH til now, May from Gatti til now coz thats when they made their names. Think its 4 fights deep since then

tbh and I couldnt be arsed. Both DLH and Hatton werent the same, but more Hatton. Hatton was undefeated, more argument on the DLH side that he was passed it way before May. Both Pac and JMM werent well known at the time, whereas May had JMM as his comeback fight. It could have been anyone decent in there, the figures would have been similar. Pac didnt really have that big-name until he beat DLH to regular Joe. I'd say they are same level now in status now. Pac from DLH til now, May from Gatti til now coz thats when they made their names. Think its 4 fights deep since then
^ real talks, no one really knew who pacman was before DLH. Everyone wrote him off and the bookies in the UK made a big loss. I think the odds on a pac win were something stupid like 9-1.

Pac made his name to the casual fans against DLH and Mayweather did against Gatti?DLH was the defining fight for both of them in terms of PPV.Against DLH Pac did 1.25 while Mayweather did 2.4 that's almost double and in my opinion too much of a gap to be just put down to circumstances.Mayweather is media savvy and promotes any fight he's in like crazy. He is driven by money so he goes that extra mile to promote his fights, him wearing a Man Utd shirt at the Hatton press conference is a good example.As for venues Mayweather was asked about fighting elsewhere in an interview and he said that financially it makes sense for big fights to be in Vegas so unless he received a crazy offer he wouldn't entertain the idea.