Suppressing Depression?

Dubby

Endorphins are endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds. They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise,[1] excitement, pain, consumption of spicy food and orgasm,[2][3] and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being. Endorphins work as "natural pain relievers."

some good advice in hereat times when i feel low about circumstances out of my control i think to myself, for all i know i could be killed tomorrow can i rly look back on my life with pride if i spent my last day wallowing in emotions? always puts things into perspective. also i'm far from religious but if u do believe in God this is a rly good prayer to say: God grant me the serenityto accept the things I cannot change;courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.

• Upvote 2

Okay, so I've got various small issues that I have going on in my life, I'm working to smooth them out however it's not a short process (and they're not things I can work on all the time), thing is as these have piled up a bit they're making me feel quite miserable which I'm thinking isn't something that will go away until the issues start to go away - which isn't gonna happen in the next few days.So what I want to do is go about finding ways of suppressing or ignoring said feelings. So what do you guys do to try and shift your mindstate?Psychological techniques?Thought processes?Recreational activities?Share
You can act like a f*ckin man!!stop wingeing and man the f*ck up

i went to see my gp last year when i had issues that i had trouble dealing with ( the gp was some patronizing piece of sh*t ), prescribed me anti depressents that i find DO NOT WORK. i only went to shut my family up cos well it all came out in some eastender type affair that i had a few issues from my younger years still haunting me plus since i had my major car crash last april, everything went down hill ...... They were devasted for me and had no idea i felt how i did ( yes i managed to front v.well ). and yes it did get to that crazy point where i had suicidal thoughts at one time, i know messed up huh but thats how depressed i was,Whats helped me is having a stable routine again , keeping busy as can be, tryna stay positive as i was waaaaaaaaay to negative and hard on myself and just tryna look to the future. Making plans and moves cos there was a time i had little ambition and didnt know what path to follow.

think about it this wayif tonight you fell asleep, and woke up tomorrow with amnesia, you'd be totally indifferent to your past, because you don't have any connections. You would be a different person. Depressio-what? It's all in the character, so really you can be who you want to be. I believe there is chronic depression, were the depression is more subconsciously driven, as in they throw themselves in the pool and don't try and swim/go home and hang themselves. That kind of depression may be physiologically based so they need treatment. But for most cases, they are just delving in depression finding solace in being a victim. Depression = sad, sad = an emotion, how can you suffer from an emotion? It's something you feel based your past experience, it's subjective. How can you treat the subjective?SSRI's to my knowledge manipulates the re uptake of serotonin, and people who suffer from ''Major depression'' already have problems with their serotonin levels. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter involved in the control of mood, not in the control of how happy you are. So anti depressants aren't even that. They just exasperate the mood you want to feel, like little shroom trips. Big pharma is at hand here, even in coining up the term depression.There are studies that show that many who take anti d's end up committing suicide because of the effects, although i guess many go through the placebo effect of ''this pill gonna make me happy'' take pill ''i feel happy''.

• Upvote 1

Okay, so I've got various small issues that I have going on in my life, I'm working to smooth them out however it's not a short process (and they're not things I can work on all the time), thing is as these have piled up a bit they're making me feel quite miserable which I'm thinking isn't something that will go away until the issues start to go away - which isn't gonna happen in the next few days.So what I want to do is go about finding ways of suppressing or ignoring said feelings. So what do you guys do to try and shift your mindstate?Psychological techniques?Thought processes?Recreational activities?Share
You can act like a f*ckin man!!stop wingeing and man the f*ck up
^^^^people will read this and think 'prick' but there is a lot to be said for just getting on wiv it, sometimes in life u just have to man-up/woman-up and bare ur burden. keep it moving, deal wiv the matter. look to the people that inspire u, u will see people keeping it moving, ur mother for instance gave u unconditional love when u had tantrums and screamed at her as a baby to when u worried her half to death as a yute. u mite say she moaned an nagged but she still carried u wiv minimal complaint, not just for 9 months but all the way into adulthood.

the amount of times I said "man the f*ck up" to myself... not like I came here to moan anyway, just looking for distraction techniquesbut yeah, removed one of the sources of stress, feel better, lets me enjoy/appreciate more things now that I don't have stuff in the back of my head

mightve been said, but a talk with a close friend or whoever u feel comfortable with helps...it did a lot for me anyways when my mother died... my best friend jst lost his father too a year prior to my loss and we grieved together...a problem shared is a problem halved and all that...

find a virgo friend who's close and talk to him/her. most people already KNOW what needs to change in their lives to get to a better place, but its usually more comfortable searching other areas, looking for who or what to blame. identify what needs to change to make your current situation better and thats usually the most ideal starting point into getting out of depression.