MAG

Mr. Gayle

Overall, the shooting mechanics are solid, but not at all tuned for casual players. Unless you're used to the kind of instant-death split-second FPS, you are going to become increasingly frustrated from having to spend so much time respawing and running, only to be shot down as soon as you get near the action. This is especially bad if you're a latecomer to the game and everyone else has geared up to the teeth. It's also pretty tough to tell friend from foe from a distance, as it sometimes takes a few seconds for the little blue triangle to pop up over an ally's head. The visual design differences between factions are negligible when you're sniping, or even attacking from a middle-distance. Grenades are also terribly overpowered. The blast radius is large enough, and the damage high enough, that two grenades can easily clear out any chokepoint, and I'd estimate I got a third of my kills (at least!) simply from random grenade-lobbing.

There are also a multitude of bugs that slipped through the beta. Approaching a stationary vehicle from the front poses the risk of the server registering you as being run over. Bodies freeze and twitch in the middle of the battlefield. Rubberbanding from server lag is uncommon, but still happens, and in one instance we were entirely unable to respawn. The only solution I was able to find was to exit the game and re-queue. The rocket launcher also has a nasty habit of inexplicably blowing up the user, or bouncing off of the target. I shot a helicopter from about ten feet away and had the rocket ricochet off and explode on the ground below.

i own a PS3, but ive played MAG at a cuzzys yard, & its okay, you can have 128 vs 128 sqauds online which makes it abit too over crowded, the maps are too open, theres no hiding spots or anything really, bearing in mind this is an online game only, they havent really made it that good, im a COD breh & like many others that play COD, have found this game to be awkward, & seems to be lacking that 'wow factor'

so all in all, COD >>> MAG

I was on the BETA for this months ago before MW2 Dropped. It was just 'alright' - Too repetetive in a way and a lot of area to cover running on Maps (Vehicles were live though) considering how many people you can have on the game it just isn't as intense as COD, so easily overlooked.