Lippi: I want England

Gunner

Marcello Lippi has admitted he is dreaming of a World Cup final between Italy and England.

The Three Lions will be managed by Fabio Capello in South Africa this summer and Lippi hopes to come up against his compatriot at some point during the tournament.

Lippi is interested to see how Capello would cope with his emotions when trying to mastermind Italy's downfall.

"Dreaming a little, like I did last time, I'd like a beautiful final between Italy and England," Lippi, who led the Azzurri to World Cup glory in 2006, told reporters.

"I'd like to see how Fabio Capello would react when the Italian national anthem is played. I'd really like that."

Charisma

Capello has transformed England from a team that failed to qualify for Euro 2008 into credible contenders for the World Cup.

Lippi has been impressed by the job Capello has done but has warned that it will be much more difficult to make a mark at a major competition.

"It's normal to expect positive results from a team trained by Capello," he said.

"He's contributed with his personality, his charisma and ability to create a team that look extremely solid.

"Naturally, qualifying is one thing, the World Cup finals are another."