Google to unveil facebook killer

Guest Sheikh

Google is set to unveil a brand new social networking application, that is all set to integrate with at least two Google products. The new social network

will go head-to-head to compete with the likes of Facebook and Twitter, bringing in a whole new competitor to the market.

According to details posted on The Wall Street Journal, "a new feature that makes it easier and faster for users of Gmail to view media and status updates.” However, experts believe that the integration will go far beyond just Gmail.

Google sent out invites mentioning "We'll be unveiling some new product innovations and we'd like to invite you to join us.” With Google’s backing of owning YouTube, the largest search engine" Google.com, and various other products, all the tools for a successful product are in place.

Dave Winer, creator of RSS, compiled a list of must-have features for any company to compete and rival Twitter. Winer’s first point would be reliability, something Twitter has struggled with time and time again, having troubles maintaining its servers.

Winer also talks about enclosures, open architecture metadata, relationships with hardware vendors and removing the 140-character limit, a strict limitation that Twitter imposes, which can annoy users at times. Winer also mentions that URL-shorteners are ‘hurting the web’, but Google has already entered the URL-shortening game, something that it will definitely use.

Google is set to announce their new product creation at 10am PST.

Basically sounds like just GMAIL with some additional sh*t if the rumours be true. But would like to see them take on Twitter though. "Too many tweets might make a twat" and all that Bar the fact I aint no DC supporter.

the way facebooks going on atm, im ready to jump on another ship tbh.

i dont think theres a need for another social networking site but still optimistic bout this tho...

also facebook change their interface to many f*ck*ng times. actually is quite annoying

swear they use it as an excuse to have f*ckups with the privacy. everytime they change it i get some1 who's blocked seein suttin on my page again.

This could eventually be popular seeing it's Google, but whilst I prefer Twitter alot, the negatives that guy posted about Twitter is harshly true, barring the 140 character limit bit.

But in all honesty, there's 50,000 twitter apps across all devices right now, they're too late imo.

Guest Triple XXX

swear wave aint even finished yet, it looks exciting still a phone app would be mad

i really dont know where theyre goin with this one tho will wait and see

wont jump sh*t though im happy with facebook

Guest Triple XXX

gmail>>>>>>>>>

tbh

i remember when hotmail used to boy man with like 10mb space n u had to pay for mor en ur account would be locked off if not used in a month

f*ckin bullshit, gmail is f*ckin sick

google wave floped so badly !!

Well FLOP wouldn't be the term I would use. Remember it's still BETA. But everything google is BETA. LOL

They have some improvements to make. If they can implement google docs into wave then I'll be content for now at least.