Wayne Bridge Reject England Call-UP

Mr. Gayle

He needs to man up

Wayne Bridge

Bridge's decision means he will not play at this summer's World Cup

Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England selection, thereby ruling himself out of this summer's World Cup.

In a statement released by his lawyers, Bridge, 29, said his position in the national squad had become "untenable and potentially divisive".

The left-back has been in the spotlight over allegations that his ex-girlfriend had a relationship with John Terry.

England coach Fabio Capello stripped Terry of the captaincy this month.

In Bridge's statement released on Thursday, he added: "I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks.

"It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.

606: DEBATE

Is it fair on Bridge? What are the wider implications? Will John Terry bring a negative atmosphere to England?

footy_analysis

"Sadly therefore I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection.

"I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."

starting either of those 2 againts quality oposition fills me terror and dread

i dnt care how adequate warnocok has been... no international experiance no big game know how...

its a disaster

How will they get experience ?

They have both been very reliable and steady, come on leaps and bounds. Bridge has been shocking.

Clearly you choose the best players available to you,

I think hes made a clever and brave decision

it clearly wont work... they wont communicate... the defence could be compromised ... blamed for early world cup exit

this way it draws a line under it the situation... its a goood decision.

obviously terrry wasnt going 2 be sacked now rio isa perma-cripple..

Added to the fact that I've always wondered has Capello actually called Bridge... Cos alot of people seemed to be talking for Bridge but not Bridge. Have Terry and Bridge even spoke to each other?

Again I'm not really surprised by it, I do wonder if we will ever hear Terry make a public apology.

Having said that heard both rejected the chance of doing the media rounds.

Why should he make a public apology when what happened is a private matter?

Still dont get why Tiger had to either.

Again I'm not really surprised by it, I do wonder if we will ever hear Terry make a public apology.

It's no longer a private matter & because you are paid by the public.

starting either of those 2 againts quality oposition fills me terror and dread

i dnt care how adequate warnocok has been... no international experiance no big game know how...

its a disaster

The same kind of terror and dread British troops are filled with when they see an RPG whilst doing a flyover?

It's no longer a private matter & because you are paid by the public.

The only person he needs to apologise to is Wayne and that's it. Just cos he plays in the public eye don't mean his whole private life is public as well is it?

BTW, certain man are going on like this is a huge loss, he's only ever played in 22 friendlies, and twice in a WC final.