For Anyone interested

Kompressor

For anyone interested in the notion of fan ownership, how it works, how it would be brought in and implemented

On Saturday 27th Feb before our home game against North Ferriby United, FC United will host a supporters rally aimed at putting supporter ownership at the very centre of the debate on the future of the game.

Alongside our own speakers, guests will include Guardian journalist David Conn, representatives from Schalke FC and Supporters Direct. Two other high profile European sides have also been invited and we await their confirmation. It is also hoped that groups from English clubs affected by the escalating debt in the game, will be in attendance.

Football is at a critical juncture, with the need for clear leadership and regulation never more evident. An alternative model of how the game is structured has never been more needed with supporter ownership absolutely fundamental to that model.

FC United is part of that debate, an example of that alternative and with our guests and friends that will join us on the day we aim to make the point that supporter ownership is the only way forward.

http://www.fcumradio.co.uk/ live at 12 noon

anyone who is going to be tuned in and wants to ask a question, PM me and i'll send you the details of how to do it.

The protests are all well and good, but as i've said on here before, most of the people taking part in the protest wont actually follow it through properly and are taking part half heartedly and so nothing will happen.

That Dubai group is interested in Buying Liverpool. if your fans decided not to renew season tickets Hicks and Gillete would sell up in no time.

but the majority of fans like to have their cake and eat it too, they want to protest and make up a whole lot of noise but not actually do anything about it,

same as someone who always complains about climate change and global warming, but then goes out and buys a Range rover. on these protests you see a lot of gesting and posing by people who dont know or care about the issues but are their due to it being the in thing to do. i.e Green and gold campaign. ive already heard about countless ppl walking round in green and gold while holding megastore bags.

the protest would be great if Both Liverpool and United fans decided not to go into the stadium and stood below the Sir Matt Statue and sang constantly while the game was going on instead. then the media would be forced to take it seriously

these owners dont care about what you think of them and what colours your wearing they care about what from your pocket can get into theirs, if we make a stand and say we'll willingly miss our most anticipated game of the season it may make them sit up and take notice.

Yeah i suppose so your right but could you see enough fans not going into the game?

This has been mentioned on many Liverpool Forums but never done, we have had many protests before but untill G&H get a offer they cant refuse then they will still stay...

Im happy with Purslow, he held a meeting with SOS and you could tell from the minutes that hes trying his upmost to get Liverpool sold...

RBS are also pushing G&H to sell up...

Ive heard no one from Dubai will buy Liverpool at the moment, DIC have changed many people within its organisation and i dont think they will be interested. If Sheikh Mohammed comes in buy himself id be surprised, he had an offer on the table once before with Moores the c*nt not acepting the offer and going for G&H instead...

the protest would be great if Both Liverpool and United fans decided not to go into the stadium and stood below the Sir Matt Statue and sang constantly while the game was going on instead. then the media would be forced to take it seriously

so ud like to stand under sir matts statue singin songs together with scousers maybe u could all link arms

Me personally?

I dont really see the need for a joint protest. both clubs could get rid of the respective owners on their own but it doesnt seem as if either club has enough serious fans who'd commit to doing what it takes so its a case of boosting numbers. :rolleyes:

as i said alot of these half hearted protest are about Gesting and posing. how better to do that than standing side by side with your arch-rivals and singing songs against your owners.

the type of fan who complain at both clubs without actually doing anything would lap this up, albeit before the game, because as soon as kick off comes they'll all hurry inside.

the guys there complaining now showed their asses in 2005 and i'm not standing with them. Scousers or no scousers. ive been protesting for the last 5 years and was often villified for doing so wish them luck with their posing and colourfull scarves but untill they are willing to do somthing that actually matters and could make a difference. i'm out.