FAO DJs and Tech guys

djbmc

I don't consider myself a DJ and never have, I started collecting vinyl years back and I'll continue to.

We all need to move on and it WILL go digital, don't mean you have to accept it.

Also means just cos you can download every tom, d*ck and harry track from the internet doesn't automatically make you a DJ.

There is ignorance from certain "vinyl purists" as well as "new-age digital soundboys".

Ain't gonna lie, pisses me off differently when theres a guy with a laptop behind the decks, not even using the CDJs or decks, just standing there doing nowt.

I don't consider myself a DJ and never have, I started collecting vinyl years back and I'll continue to.

We all need to move on and it WILL go digital, don't mean you have to accept it.

Also means just cos you can download every tom, d*ck and harry track from the internet doesn't automatically make you a DJ.

There is ignorance from certain "vinyl purists" as well as "new-age digital soundboys".

Ain't gonna lie, pisses me off differently when theres a guy with a laptop behind the decks, not even using the CDJs or decks, just standing there doing nowt.

I don't even rate CDJ guys, as all they do is stand behind their cdjs and just beat match or if they try do something else, it sounds so poor. I also hate people who stand behind a laptop and say they are djs. What I found out with serato is you can use the turntables but use digital technology with it (you can make sure when you're mixing and scratching and whatever, that the record don't skip) thats the only true mixing advantage that you get with serato. The use of mp3s is clever as the only vinyl records I'm looking to buy nowadays are breaks and that's only for tricks and sh*t. Cost is too much for my likings to buy the amount of vinyl I used to.

I don't even rate CDJ guys, as all they do is stand behind their cdjs and just beat match or if they try do something else, it sounds so poor. I also hate people who stand behind a laptop and say they are djs. What I found out with serato is you can use the turntables but use digital technology with it (you can make sure when you're mixing and scratching and whatever, that the record don't skip) thats the only true mixing advantage that you get with serato. The use of mp3s is clever as the only vinyl records I'm looking to buy nowadays are breaks and that's only for tricks and sh*t. Cost is too much for my likings to buy the amount of vinyl I used to.

Exactly.

Had the chance when I went to NY when the exchange rate was sickening to get Serato for £200 and I said "na", regret it to this day.

its all about vinyl tbh, its just got that warm sound and feel to it.

^^^^^This, don't know why but even the smell of the cardboard covers and the plastic anti-static inside>>>>>>>___________

Oh, and the fresh smell of vinyl when it's just been pressed>>>>>>>>____________

Shame it costs £10 a pop now, ridiculous.

what genre you working with BMC?

dunno really, i get pushed towards dubstep more than anything else just because it has the highest number of quality vinyl releases, i do all sorts tho, soon as i got the digital sh*t it'll be anything with roughly the same bpm.

dunno really, i get pushed towards dubstep more than anything else just because it has the highest number of quality vinyl releases, i do all sorts tho, soon as i got the digital sh*t it'll be anything with roughly the same bpm.

Ain't upped a mix in a while, disappointed.

lol, yeh i know, purely because there aren't enough tunes to buy, sometimes i resent paying 7.99 for a record when all it'll end up being is a filler for a mix between the big tunes, especially when u got a mortgage and all that sh*t to pay for. Although i got a couple of gigs coming up and a festival apparently, so i need to be buying more records again.

In fact f*ck it, gonna order some right now!

it doesnt really matter tho, the amount of tunes thats are on mp3 (as appose to vinyl) and the availability boost the selection u can make of any genre.

MP3s on serato are so sick as you can used it the exact same as vinyl, using your serato vinyl. Everything sounds the same, scratching and all sorts, it is just right. I recomend this to any turntable dj.

Exactly.

Had the chance when I went to NY when the exchange rate was sickening to get Serato for £200 and I said "na", regret it to this day.

its all about vinyl tbh, its just got that warm sound and feel to it.

^^^^^This, don't know why but even the smell of the cardboard covers and the plastic anti-static inside>>>>>>>___________

Oh, and the fresh smell of vinyl when it's just been pressed>>>>>>>>____________

Shame it costs £10 a pop now, ridiculous.

Boy, that is a shame, £200 is a super sick price, since now it cost £429 :(

I hear that about vinyl, that's why I love vinyl. LOL @ me EVER using CDJs.

fao Serato DJ's who used to use vinyl

I still buy and collect vinyl and sometimes delve into MP3's when I want to play my own tunes / unreleased tunes

I want to be able to run my vinyls along with my MP3's and I dont want to have to rip all my vinyls into digital

so I can I interchange between a real vinyl and a serato vinyl??

Question: Where's the best place to get mp3s from & pre-release mp3s?

House & tech I use traxsource or if its more underground i'll go for boomkat

when i was living in ldn i would go bm about 1nce a month and stock up i cant wait to start doing that again cause i miss just zoning out in the decks in bm for 2 - 3 hrs then going phonica and doing the same

who knows about phonica anyway some d*ckheads in there i always make sure i ask for exactly 10 vinyls just to piss the guy off if he looks like a mug / i know he is one

when i was living in ldn i would go bm about 1nce a month and stock up i cant wait to start doing that again cause i miss just zoning out in the decks in bm for 2 - 3 hrs then going phonica and doing the same

who knows about phonica anyway some d*ckheads in there i always make sure i ask for exactly 10 vinyls just to piss the guy off if he looks like a mug / i know he is one

if he's a mug to you next time, why not round house kick him thru the wall?

fao Serato DJ's who used to use vinyl

I still buy and collect vinyl and sometimes delve into MP3's when I want to play my own tunes / unreleased tunes

I want to be able to run my vinyls along with my MP3's and I dont want to have to rip all my vinyls into digital

so I can I interchange between a real vinyl and a serato vinyl??

Yes. All you have to do is to switch the phono/line switch behind your mixer (line = serato, phono = vinyl). Recording is so long, but it has to be done.

i had a go on one m-audio system yesterday. switching between vinyl and mp3 is a piece of piss, although when u pick up the needle and put it back to the start of the track it doesn't put the mp3 back to that start, which confused me, also i found that the vinyls (probably due to the mastering) were much louder than the mp3s.

if he's a mug to you next time, why not round house kick him thru the wall?

cause the wall is made out of stone