Drum VSTis

Captain Planet

Oh you record live drums?was quicker than redrumI need this tbh but resources are limited/I need Reason back in my lifePerfectly emulated all the drums from "message in a bottle" for my A2 C/W used MIDI though quicker than Redrum
they ask weird things in music courses dnt they?had 2 do some longness where i export my midi file, play it theu some keyboard and record audio. talk about pointlessbut yeh, not live, i mean previously recorded or sampled drums, still like to keep in audio sequence rather than midicubasescreenshot.jpg

Oh you record live drums?was quicker than redrumI need this tbh but resources are limited/I need Reason back in my lifePerfectly emulated all the drums from "message in a bottle" for my A2 C/W used MIDI though quicker than Redrum
they ask weird things in music courses dnt they?had 2 do some longness where i export my midi file, play it theu some keyboard and record audio. talk about pointlessbut yeh, not live, i mean previously recorded or sampled drums, still like to keep in audio sequence rather than midicubasescreenshot.jpg
r. when i first started i only had cubase so i done that, once i got reason obviously that isn't possible so i switched, i got so used to it even tho i now got other programs i still do it that way!

but does redrum give You wave editing options? or effects for individual drums?also the person who said they use battery, same questionsthinking of checking out some other ways of doing it.

but does redrum give You wave editing options? or effects for individual drums?also the person who said they use battery, same questionsthinking of checking out some other ways of doing it.
nah not really, u can re-pitch, or change a drum length but in redrum especially u have to do it by ear, although u can have sends and it's all set-up like old skool drum machines so u end up with that type of sound if you know wot i mean, it's best to mix it up i guess. I dunno about battery tho, never used it.

• 4 weeks later...

i don't like reason one bit everything sounds thin and digital. flimsy. true the stuff LOOKS like analog gear but it SOUNDS the least like it.redrum is a good entry level drum machine which is quick and easy to learn, just like all of the other reason modules.battery i would say is the best I've used (used redrum, battery, ultrabeat) but I currently used ultrabeat simply because its quicker for me to access my samples using that vsti and I paid for it legitimately with logic 8.battery is deffo the most powerful. there are so many options to edit each hit from comps & eq's to dist, verb and delay. ultrabeat does not have these options, but the filter and pitch tool are nice, plus ultrabeats step sequencer is helpful (I don't think battery has one, I could be wrong.)i sometimes cut up loops like you lens but i prefer to draw in my drums in midi then apply swing myself. ultrabeat has a pretty good swing button and i believe the latest version(s) of reason also have a swing tool which is very detailed and can emulate mpc swings etc.because i make oldschool/deep house i can get away with using the classic drum machines and i usually always create my own drum loops using these sounds (ie the 808, 909, 606 and cr-78). i dont even need a drum vsti to do this and normally just use a sampler (exs24) and draw my mani loop in midi (bassdrum, snare/clap, hat) then add extra precussion with more processing and swing using a vsti.from the ones i've used i'd rate them as follows:1. battery2. ultrabeat3. redrumall have benefits over eachother though.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
u can on both reason with wiring the output of the channel threw a effect and with battery just selecting what channel the box comes out of then doing it the same way