Guru from Gang Starr is in a coma

Guest WAVESURFER

Revered rapper Guru released a statement to AllHipHop.com today (March 3) as he recovers from surgery after suffering a heart attack over the weekend.

Guru, born Keith Elam, was briefly comatose due to the heart attack. Doctors successfully operated on the 43-year-old MC on Tuesday (March 2).

"I am doing fine and I am recovering! I'm weak though,” Guru told AllHipHop.com in a statement today. “Solar is the only person who has the accurate info on my situation. Any info from anybody else is false! I appreciate your well wishes and all the love!"

Guru and his family are asking for privacy as he recovers and stressed for fans to continue to send prayers, thoughts and love.

His partner Solar echoed Guru’s comments about the need for privacy but told fans the outlook is positive for the rapper.

Additionally, only Solar will have access to Guru and accurate information regarding the status of his health.

"Guru is resting and doing well after his surgery,” Solar told AllHipHop.com. “The doctors say that he will fully recover from his illness. We thank everyone who send prayers our way and we appreciate the outpouring of love from around the world!”

Solar can be reached by contacting a representative for his publicity firm, Yo-Pr.com.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/03/03/22138931.aspx

It's Guru who skipped out, Preme has said many times he's down to resume Gang Starr whenever, but Guru is rolling with this Solar prick, saying sh*t like "I am Gangstarr" and cutting off his old school friends

Nuff funny business anyway, Solar posting on Twitter as Guru when he was still in a coma (I think the statement which Savant posted was fabricated by Solar as well), apparently blocking Guru's family from visiting him in hospital, lots of stories about him being a manipulative c*nt