BBC 4 / iPLAYER - RISE UP REGGAE STAR - Documentary

2deal2

You may have missed this documentary like I did.

BBC 4 / iPLAYER - RISE UP REGGAE STAR - Documentary

Early Wed 3 MAR, 2:10 am and iPLAYER

On an island where reggae is considered the voice of the people and an outlet for survival, Rise Up Reggae Star follows three aspiring artists who seek to 'rise up' from obscurity for their chance at success. This documentary takes the viewer off the beaten path far from any tourist attractions and sandy beaches, yet it is still able to capture the beauty and magic that the Island has to offer. From the deep countryside to the whirlwind ghettos of Kingston, no matter where you are, the film makes it evident that music is the heartbeat of the culture.

In a society where talent abounds and opportunity is scarce, Rise Up follows the very different lives of three artists struggling in their own unique way for their big break at stardom. Turbulence, the conscious ghetto youth with enough determination to move mountains; Ice, the young faux-gangster dancehall artist from the upper class; and Kemoy, the beautifully innocent country girl who barely realizes her amazing vocal gifts - their stories unfold as the film seamlessly interweaves their lives behind the backdrop of the bustling underground reggae scene of Jamaica. Five years in the making, Rise Up is able to capture the pure artistry and creativity of these three musicians in raw form while at the same time, able to bring the viewer into their personal lives, inside their most private moments, as they struggle to find their voice and discover their ability to overcome life's obstacles.

0e5215d258458a99b9f6a3433c8f494f13469564.jpg

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r5wwc

Watched it the other day still.

Turbulance dropped some sick bars.

/

Yeah smadds, the uptown yout was any 'dj', watch when him & boys perform at the Sumfest, that's when you'll really hear how sh*t he really is. Still lol @ him cussing his boys when he comes of stage.

yh i seen it, im jus at the end of the show now

hes ridiculous, cussin his boys when the whole performance was sh*t

see turbulence mockin the white people dancin :lol:

Kemoy - fiyah really an truly

U can see that turbulence is livin well if only by the amount of weight hes put on, hes eating good bwoy

yh i seen it, im jus at the end of the show now

hes ridiculous, cussin his boys when the whole performance was sh*t

see turbulence mockin the white people dancin :lol:

Kemoy - fiyah really an truly

U can see that turbulence is livin well if only by the amount of weight hes put on, hes eating good bwoy

:lol:

Yeah

Did you clock Turbs weight change before he made it to when he did?

Good living>>>>>>_____

Same one brah. What do you mean you can't find it? A simple search of 'Rise up raggae star' in iplayer and bingo.

/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r5wwc/Storyville_20092010_Rise_Up_Reggae_Star/

iM WATCHED IT FROM THE LINK PROVIDED.

searched it from bbc i player on my ps3

''Rise up reggae start''

There are no results for this programme title.

Yeah Turbulance is big, one of my favourite tunes that!

That girl needs to sing man, her voice.

Them others Ice Ana....how is your 1ST performance gonna be reggae slumfest. Not even no local tings or anyting. They had no vide, no chemistry, dnt know how 2 rail up a crowd.

Will show others.

Need to reach backAyard man.

watchd this last nite, Kemoy is live, was a shame that she fell pregnant.

Turbulence smashed it and his weight gain made him sexy, an him pulling up the bike - fiyah

foolish Ice - how can sumfest be there first performance.

One string stole the show for me tbh.

SHES JUST HAD TO HAVE A BABY DIDNT SHE

JUST f*ck UP EVERYTHING

SMH

remember her sayin she wasnt gna have a baby til she was 36

u kno what i think i think the same shitface who got her pregnant is the same guy that held her up when she was gna go to the show

because what kind of money does she have, to be robbin her, cos they didnt see who it was and the cousin was sayin it has to be someone they know

some people jus dnt want to see others succeed