DISSERTATION PEOPLES.

Mr. Martinez

I know there's an academic thread but this fits me thinks

What are people doing their dissertations on?

How's everyone getting on?

certain people at my uni are finishing their data collection and others are still doing lit reviews, has me so baffled

I'm half way through methodology and it's looking nice.

Just went through it for the millionth time and thought how am i going to draw up the reference list

it's going to be nutttsss

i dont know maybe u could write about the correlations between the gangs the cops the cartel and the politicians eg in terms of social structure, economic transactions, ethos etc etc and what the directors did to show the similarities. i'm not doing a arts degree so this could be bullshit but f*ck it. one thing i do recommend is forget about the dissertation for the evening, smoke a few zoots, watch the last episode and just think about what hit u deepest, did it leave u asking any questions. u always do ur best work when u genuinely want to learn about a topic.

edit i didnt see the above post

Guest Malcolm Tucker

finished mine in January, was only 6000 words tho...

my title was...

'The influence of technology on graphic design'.

Got 58% for my draft which had no references, structure or images so hopefully my final piece can knock me up 12%

Having examined the literature, the author proposes three research questions:

RQ1: To what extent do universities in England incorporate dialogic features in their website?

RQ2: How does the presence of dialogic features relate to the university’s identified level of resource-dependency?

RQ1 and RQ2 will be assessed by investigating the extent to which English universities incorporate the refined four principles of online dialogic communication on their websites. As well as examining correlations dialogic communication has with the university’s level of resource dependency to stakeholders and in terms of the university’s position in the league tables.

RQ3: What are the users’ opinions of English university websites, and their dialogic features?

RQ3 will be assessed by investigating the opinions of university websites and their dialogic features as identified by Kent and Taylor’s dialogic principles (1998), as well as examining stakeholder’s experience of the website using Vorvoreanu’s (2006) model.

Is basically mine.

Anyone doing anything similar? Social media from an advertising/marketing/pr POV?

Also I would recommend everyone to look @ their marking criteria and realise what's important from that. This guy was just telling me how his lit review didn't really matter and it's what gets most mark in his dissertation.

I dn't know if u cud do this, but perhaps you could do

"how is the media present throughout the wire and what affect does it have upon the characters"

could mention the fact that whenever politicians are using media outlets such as TV the urban population appears oblivious to this and changes chanell/switches off etc

there wud b plenty of sh*t from series 5 that you cud talk about

and there is a heap of other stuff

how many words is urs @everybody

/

im doing mine on the wire.

lol at if i dont get an A.

I have no word limit. I have done 3/4000 so far. 50 pages is max.

is that a dissertation tho or some next project because im confused at your wording.

You're confused about there being no limit but there being a page limit? :/