Panorama: Are the Net Police Coming for You?

Mr. Gayle

My mum was just going on at me about how she'll get a letter if I keep doing illegal downloads and then they'll cut her off or slow her net down. Told her to come tell me when the warning letter comes and that in the mean time my downloading habits are going from occassional to constant!

Got a lot of sh*t to D/L before that sh*t comes in!

lol are these guys f*ckin serious, nobody is gonna stop downloading sh*t.

if i ever get one of those letters (which i probably wont cos they can touch rapidshare) ill just go do my downloading at uni and store it on my usb key, they cant stop that.

i can understand ppl in the music inudustry might feel that they are losing money on tunes, but the promotion and access that the internet brings is a much bigger benefit imo. so what if most people download your songs, the extra amount of ppl who will come to see you live will put some of that lost money back in your pocket...

its a push on musicians to step up and strive towards earning their keep from live shows and to diversify with their field. it can only result in better competition and better music.

/

if they really wanna keep songs away from digital rape, switch back to analogue simple as. they shud push back onto vinyl and fin a way to prevent ppl from ripping onto computers lol.

In this day and age Artists, need to understand that its a priviledge for someone to actually put their name in a search engine and want download their music. free or not.

Illegal downloading from a music perspective has been one of the best marketing tools in the last decade. These record labels can moan all they want but they cant pretend like they haven't had a slice of the benefits of illegal downloads.

The music industry comes like fast food now anyway. That culture of poorly produced,generic/sounds like-the-next song-formular only encourages downloads anyway.

The last album I paid for was - Pdiddy & the bad boy family in 2001.

Last music dvd I paid for was 50 cent get rich or die trying Dvd in 2003.

it is what it is.

In this day and age Artists, need to understand that its a priviledge for someone to actually put their name in a search engine and want download their music. free or not.

Illegal downloading from a music perspective has been one of the best marketing tools in the last decade. These record labels can moan all they want but they cant pretend like they haven't had a slice of the benefits of illegal downloads.

it is what it is.

What irritates me is the artists that use it and complain about it all in the same breath. Rappers will use the net to get their mixtapes out and get themselves known and have big hype around the album and then cry when the album's being downloaded!

But that due to the cost of producing an album.

Besides I think its different when we are talking about a unsigned artist as opposed to a independent artist.

For example Sway being on this programme makes sense as he is a independent artist trying to fight on the same level as a signed artist and ultimately the money is coming out of is pocket.

Tinchy Stryder on the other hand is hard for some people to take serious when he argues for the record label where effectively he is the last to get paid & in relation to the product probably the worst paid. So he stays getting robbed regardless.

Lol @ trying to make me feel sorry for EMI & Warner Bros.

f*ck off.

:o

Don't be so cruel.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/mar/12/demise-music-industry-facts

DO ONE PAL.

Yeah trusay it will never die as long as there's demand

If the big music companies had spent their energies dreaming up a payments mechanism for web downloads instead of suing their customers they could have swept all before them. Instead they were like the crew of a sinking boat that blames the sea instead of trying to mend the leak.